• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Don't end up with a $20,000 phone bill

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.asiaone.com/Digital/Features/Story/A1Story20090428-137989.html

Tue, Apr 28, 2009
AsiaOne

20090428.153413_phone_bill_20k.jpg

Don't end up with a $20,000 phone bill

If you surf the Internet on your mobile phone without a data price plan, you might end up getting a phone bill amounting to the thousands. Here's how to avoid getting one.

Data plan explained
Make sure you have a data plan before surfing the Net on your phone, or else you could end up with bills in the hundreds or even thousands.

How whopping handphone bill came about
Surfing Internet on mobile phone without price plan is reason for man's $900 phone bill. -ST

Auto-connection to GPRS/3G services leads to huge phone bill
Man received phone bill amounting to $1,583 for auto-roaming GPRS/3G charges. -ST

$1,064 shock SingTel bill: Why no warning trigger?
Woman received phone billa for daughter's GPRS data usage charges on mobile phone. -ST

Caution, broadband lust
Man chalked up $12,000 phone bill surfing Internet and downloading drama serials onto phone. -TNP

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its a scam by telcos. I was at Dubai when I checked my mail before my flight and turn off one minute later. The bill came to $700. Starhub act blur and insist that I have been downloading heaps of data. Luckily got plan and pay max $100+ and managed to claim reimbursement. Now my phone only do sms.