• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Does Tamiflu work?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I'm not talking about the use of Tamiflu to combat birdflu.

I'm referring to the conventional use of the product... to combat the good old influenza bugs that have been around for years in various mutations.

Does anyone have any experience as to whether it is capable of halting the progress of flu it taken within 48 hours of the first onset of symptoms.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Does Tamilflu work?

Tamilflu... i not sure... Few yrs back i took a flu jab. That yr i have the worst flu i ever had in my life. Cough for almost 5mths. I never take another flu jab again. :mad::biggrin:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Tamilflu... i not sure... Few yrs back i took a flu jab. That yr i have the worst flu i ever had in my life. Cough for almost 5mths. I never take another flu jab again. :mad::biggrin:

I have a flu jab annually. Did catch the flu a couple of years ago but the symptoms were pretty mild and I credited this to the fact that the flu jab and helped build up some immunity to lesson the severity of the infection.

Flu jabs don't work miracles. They are designed to combat the 3 most deadly or prevalent strains of influenza for that particular year. There are loads of other mutations that the jab provides no protection against.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

According to my co doc, it only cover about 45% of the virus or 45% protection. Perhaps i got too high hope on technology... Come to think of it CD 99.9% protection oso get u in trouble at time...:biggrin::biggrin:

Tailok

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hahahaa I tot wat the hect. TAMILFLU. Tamil Flu?? Flu for Tamil? Wah you can get sued by the Tamils. Careful on the spelling. :biggrin:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Hahahaa I tot wat the hect. TAMILFLU. Tamil Flu?? Flu for Tamil? Wah you can get sued by the Tamils. Careful on the spelling. :biggrin:

:biggrin: I stared hard and still couldn't see the error. I had to look away and refocus my eyeballs a 2nd time. Error has been corrected. My apologies to the Tamil Tigers Liberation League. :p

Tailok

Alfrescian
Loyal

:biggrin: I stared hard and still couldn't see the error. I had to look away and refocus my eyeballs a 2nd time. Error has been corrected. My apologies to the Tamil Tigers Liberation League. :p

Dun go so Sri Lanka! Be warned. I hope Prabakharan had not send his tigers here. Otherwise you better run. :cool: