• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Doc would rather be bankrupt than pay alimony

/ASIA\

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wednesday November 3, 2010

Doc would rather be bankrupt than pay alimony

A DOCTOR in Singapore declared himself a bankrupt and went to jail four times to avoid paying alimony to his former wife. Despite earning S$20,000 (RM48,000) a month, he decided to transfer ownership of his clinic to his girlfriend and pretended to be an employee with a monthly pay of S$3,000 (RM7,200).

According to China Press and Sin Chew Daily, the man divorced his wife in 2004. The court then ordered him to pay a monthly alimony of S$5,000 (RM12,000) and surrender S$184,000 (RM442,000) in matrimonial assets to his ex-wife, who won custody of their children. The man, however, filed for bankruptcy in 2006 and stopped paying alimony in 2008.

His ex-wife, identified only as Amy, 49, said her former husband was charged with contempt of court and went to jail four times for a total of seven months. “I have been going in and out of court about 50 times in the past six years. I have also quit my job. He now owes me RM240,000,” she said.