• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you think Hong Lin Park aka Speaker's Corner will be closed down.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Recently we are seeing a lot of activities at Hong Lin Park, with Lehman Brothers debacle, DBS High Notes etc.

Are Singaporean finally having the courage to speak out and pour out their greivances to whatever is the high handedness of the establishment, such as the banks, power generation companies, transport companies, etc.

What about the recent announced hike of the power tariffs rate, and even EMA have come out defending the Power generation companies and now you even got SP telling Singaporean it's not their problem.

Are we seeing a shift in the people's perception that the Government is not about the people, for the people, but their only the bottomline aka Singapore Inc.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are Singaporean finally having the courage to speak out and pour out their greivances to whatever is the high handedness of the establishment, such as the banks, power generation companies, transport companies, etc.

Don't talk rot lah. People go down because it's something they actually CARE about.

Small things like bus fares, electricity bills don't hurt the majority of the population much.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't talk rot lah. People go down because it's something they actually CARE about.

Small things like bus fares, electricity bills don't hurt the majority of the population much.

Not when you are the sole breadwinner, with three schooling kids and a mortgage on the pigeon hole for the next 15 to 20 years and the majority of the population (70 to 80%) stays in the pigeon hole.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not when you are the sole breadwinner, with three schooling kids and a mortgage on the pigeon hole for the next 15 to 20 years and the majority of the population (70 to 80%) stays in the pigeon hole.

I said MAJORITY of Singaporeans. Not the 20% who voted for the reCHEEme. The 80% may have a tough life but they do not live from hand to mouth.

Last edited:

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
A shift in people's perception ? Nah... pappies will never, they loved being sodomized by PAP over and over again. If PAP is gone one day, they will be very sad and may attempt suicide !! Being sodomized has been part of their life.

In any case, it is a good lesson for those moronic Sinkies that believe in the gahment and the local newspapers wholesale.

Sadly, some morons are still in wonderland !!

Recently we are seeing a lot of activities at Hong Lin Park, with Lehman Brothers debacle, DBS High Notes etc.

What about the recent announced hike of the power tariffs rate, and even EMA have come out defending the Power generation companies and now you even got SP telling Singaporean it's not their problem.

Are we seeing a shift in the people's perception that the Government is not about the people, for the people, but their only the bottomline aka Singapore Inc.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Recently we are seeing a lot of activities at Hong Lin Park,

I think it should be closed immediately to the nip the problem of "people speaking out" at the bud!:eek:

We can't have people "speaking out" whenever they aren't happy about something. It would destroy the fabric of society.

One only has to remember the riots and unrest of the 50s and 60s to realise the importance of maintaining order and harmony in multiracial Singapore. Meetings at Hong Lim to discuss High Notes/Minibonds could easily turn into something far more ugly when the crowd realises that 99% of the victims of this sorry saga are all Chinese!:eek:

All it would take would be for a small minority in the crowd to play the race card and mayhem could ensue!

I say shut Hong Lim park down immediately for the greater good of Singapore society.

To those who may think I'm scaremongering, here's some stark reminders of what can go wrong:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1964_Race_Riots
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_middle_schools_riots
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Hertogh_riots
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hock_Lee_bus_riots

1964%20Riots%201%20-%20burnt%20car%28new%29.jpg

imperialarms

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it should be closed immediately to the nip the problem of "people speaking out" at the bud!:eek:

We can't have people "speaking out" whenever they aren't happy about something. It would destroy the fabric of society.

One only has to remember the riots and unrest of the 50s and 60s to realise the importance of maintaining order and harmony in multiracial Singapore. Meetings at Hong Lim to discuss High Notes/Minibonds could easily turn into something far more ugly when the crowd realises that 99% of the victims of this sorry saga are all Chinese!:eek:

All it would take would be for a small minority in the crowd to play the race card and mayhem could ensue!

I say shut Hong Lim park down immediately for the greater good of Singapore society.

To those who may think I'm scaremongering, here's some stark reminders of what can go wrong:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1964_Race_Riots
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_middle_schools_riots
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Hertogh_riots
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hock_Lee_bus_riots

1964%20Riots%201%20-%20burnt%20car%28new%29.jpg

then it is best we dont create trouble..i dont want to hide under burnt cars

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it should be closed immediately to the nip the problem of "people speaking out" at the bud!:eek: We can't have people "speaking out" whenever they aren't happy about something. It would destroy the fabric of society.

Well said, Sam! I will take your opinion at face value - there is no sense of sarcasm in your post, is there?

However, I do not agree with you that Hong Lim Park should be closed - it will close on its own or become moribund in no time - as before.

Like many other attractions in Singapore - when Sporeans smell something new, they will flock there by the hundreds. After sometime they grow bored and tired of it and look for another new opening to fly to. If they can't find one, then they will KPKB that Singapore is a boring place and flock to another country to boast about what Singapore has (yes those very attractions that they grew tired of).

That is another of the Spore syndrome after the Kiasu mentality ingrained in most Singaporeans I observed.:biggrin:

masgnoeL

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hong Lim Park, like Geylang Red Light District, serve the same purpose, legitimately.

It allows an avenue for people who needs to let off steam, de-stress, for passion and anger. :biggrin:

You go to Hong Lim Park for redress and Geylang to undress.

jw5

Loyal

Sinkies only complain when their own money is involved.
They couldn't care less if it involved other people, even if there was gross injustice.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
They couldn't care less if it involved other people, even if there was gross injustice.

Dear JW5,

Be patient. Step by step. We got to start somewhere, isn't it? I guess this issue is a very good start.

Goh Meng Seng

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Noted some of the people was not involved in the debacle, also start to speak up.

The way I see it. its starting to get interesting.......

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal

See? Singaporeans are not as docile as you make them out to be. They just don't care, that's all.