• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do we have idiots like this in Singapore ?

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Want to be a spy? Tattoo your face first
Job-seekers conned by 'mystic' into inking face with dragon print
October 19, 2008

NP_IMAGES_TATTOO18t.jpg

IT WAS a job that called for stealth and the willingness to go on secret missions, yet the disguise required was anything but.

MARKED: One of the two Indonesians who was tricked into getting his face tattooed. -- PICTURE: AFP
Two Indonesian job-seekers were duped into getting their whole face tattooed after they were told it was a requirement to become intelligence officers.

Nanang, 30, and Bambang, 40, underwent the process, which saw them being inked with dragon-print tattoos over their faces.

Now, both men think the man who claimed to be a government official in charge of the recruitment was actually a 'mystic'.

The victims also believe he put them into a trance in order to convince them to have the tattoos.

Said Bambang: 'I was half conscious when the shop owner tattooed my face, and didn't think it was a con job.

'I just realised it was a con job on Friday night. I was shocked and I cried.'

The person who feels most guilty is their village chief, Mr Sawiyono.

He was helping the men find jobs in Jakarta and claimed he received a text message from a government official offering them work as intelligence officers.

The man told the chief that the two would have to be inked first with a dragon tattoo.

But he realised he had been tricked after he checked with the sub-district chief of Bojonegoro in East Java who told him there was no such requirement.

Mr Sawiyono has promised to help the victims have their tattoos removed.

He also thinks the official that recommended the jobs could be a mystic, saying: 'I don't know why I believe that person, I feel half conscious when I follow the man's instructions.'

'I am fully responsible for the mistake.'

Indonesian police said it was the third such hoax to have been reported in recent months.

Meantime, the two are left with a permanent ink - for which they are seeking treatment in a hospital - but with no permanent jobs.

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
High GDP per capita does not preclude naive behavior. USA, Japan and Korea have many good examples and some of the victims hold Phds.

panama

Alfrescian
Loyal
When a person is desperate, he can do anything.

If you tell those mini-bond investors, they can get their money back by tattooing their face, some may even do it out of desperado :eek:

Loongsam

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you tell those mini-bond investors, they can get their money back by tattooing their face, some may even do it out of desperado :eek:

Don't even suggest for you know some will do it to get their money back. :eek:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who knows, clintonxxx, cassyyy, divzzz and myo### may have 1, 2, 3 and 4 chopped on their kar chngs by their owners. :eek:

bigbossman

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'll be surprised to see anyone tattooed his face all over to get his money back :rolleyes:

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal

i am surprised how come the gov seems to be taking an active role in this matter by telling the banks to look into this....most of the time they will take a you die your business attitude...are they feeling the heat of being a highly unpopular gov and knows that the the repercussion from this will be high a price to pay politically?

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am surprised how come the gov seems to be taking an active role in this matter by telling the banks to look into this....most of the time they will take a you die your business attitude...are they feeling the heat of being a highly unpopular gov and knows that the the repercussion from this will be high a price to pay politically?

If you look at the profile, many of those burnt were RC members. That's why the intevention.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
very good disguise for an intelligent officer

he can start to wear paper bag on his head from now on

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
got 1 ex-sporean idiot now residing in thailand.. he keep hallucinating that thailand is the greatest empire in the world..:biggrin: