• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do not chase after false luxuries

Les grossman

Alfrescian
Loyal
1724859695573.jpeg

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps we are entering the realm of pragmatic philosophies....

1. Should one buy a car in cash or with just an under 30% loan for financial leverage purposes, it is fine & one would get a good night sleep. It is only one's own hard earned money.

However, should one buy a car with under 30% downpayment & the rest is on loans, then one would have sleepless night, as on top of loan repayments, one would have to worry about the MAINTENANCE costs of a car. Even should there be a minor dent on the bumper, it would costs $2000 to replace. Then should mechanical faults occur, such as the gear box or even the headlights, it would be another hefty cost as such cars uses original parts unlike Japanese cars with readily available parts. Also not to mention fuel prices.....& then KBKB to society on the high costs of living.....

2. It is fine if one buys a $70,000 Hermes or Gucci handbag. It is one's own money & also the quality of the bag. However, it also attracts the wrong kind of attention from the desperate whom may use direct or indirect means such as scams to rob one's wealth. Such bags are cleaned daily & kept in cupboards AT HOME. None will keep such expensive items in Bank's safety deposit boxes.

Thus one will have sleepness night, worrying about theft.....& then KBKB to society about the crime rate here.

Singapore has a strong middle class, with most earning sufficient honest avg salaries of $3000 to $5000/mth. They need not resort to crime to earn more as Singapore is a land of fair opportunities to all. However there still exists a segment, regardless if wealthy or poor, that believe in getting richer fast, thus a need for precaution. Low crime does not mean no crime...

Last edited:

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well,. You can also have car, expensive clothes and lavish lifestyle and yet slow morning, good night sleep etc
I notice several retirees at my condo who are still able to afford an expensive car yet walk their dog every morning before heading off for a round of golf and lunch at their country club.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well,. You can also have car, expensive clothes and lavish lifestyle and yet slow morning, good night sleep etc
Hehehe...just dress whatever we are confortable with and like loh:smile:

A good night sleep is a restful evening

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at all those rich sitting at Shangri-La hotel every morning having their cup of coffee.
They all have their luxury and enjoying their breakfast. .

In short, don't be a loser ! You want slow morning,don't get a job and stay home. I am sure a lot of your elderly neighbour appreciate you !

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
SBFuncker also can de woh
I can only have slow morning but no car, and walk myself take bud every morning to have hotel buffet style bf and no country club to go, but go to hdb void deck gym and stadium, then have good night sleep, if I doesn't keep chasing the secret code breaking of sg pool.
This slow peaceful life is often disturbed by my routine breaking of codes or else I can only walk to coffeeshop for bf and not hotel eg

IMG_20240829_132930.jpg

Ft 1-0