• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Din Tai Fung Has Hidden "Cover Charge" Woh!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Tea or water, the price is $1
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to Tuesday's Forum Online letter by Ms Tessa Sng, 'Restaurant charged as much for water as it did for tea'.
Last Friday, my family and I had dinner at Din Tai Fung's Jurong Point outlet. We were served tea and I advised the waitress that my wife did not take tea and ordered other beverages from the menu. She said she would replace it with water but would still charge $1.
I asked why was this so and she said every adult was charged $1.
My question is, is this some kind of 'cover charge'? If so, why are there no appetisers or even wet tissues? And why are diners not told in advance?
Wong Man Jie

liketogossip

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiyo... he oredi got money go there eat liao so wats the issue wif the $1..... other ppl prob wont even get the chance to ever dine in there.

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Poor man like me never have no problem playing for $1 water charge at places like Din Tai Fung.

Why? I cannot afford to dine in this kind of expensive restuarant for donkey years

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Tea or water, the price is $1
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to Tuesday's Forum Online letter by Ms Tessa Sng, 'Restaurant charged as much for water as it did for tea'.
Last Friday, my family and I had dinner at Din Tai Fung's Jurong Point outlet. We were served tea and I advised the waitress that my wife did not take tea and ordered other beverages from the menu. She said she would replace it with water but would still charge $1.
My question is, is this some kind of 'cover charge'? If so, why are there no appetisers or even wet tissues? And why are diners not told in advance?
Wong Man Jie

ahpong

Alfrescian
Loyal
They have a choice to eat there or not. Why ask other people to change their way to suit them so that they can go and eat there?

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rich man. Got choice. Choice to pick and choose which restuarant to eat.

Poor man. Also Got choice. Choice to eat at home, hawker centre of kopitiam.

They have a choice to eat there or not. Why ask other people to change their way to suit them so that they can go and eat there?

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
<table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="100%"><tbody><tr>tea or water, the price is $1
</tr><!-- headline one : End --><!-- show image if available --></tbody></table>

<!-- start of : Div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->i refer to tuesday's forum online letter by ms tessa sng, 'restaurant charged as much for water as it did for tea'.
Last friday, my family and i had dinner at din tai fung's jurong point outlet. We were served tea and i advised the waitress that my wife did not take tea and ordered other beverages from the menu. She said she would replace it with water but would still charge $1.
Wong man jie

piece of advice to all rich ppl who cannot afford cover charge but want fine dining....

fuck off to hawker centre! :oIo::oIo::oIo: