• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Deng Wen Ji 鄧文记: The best $12 hokkien mee, $18 claypot rice & wanton mee under one roof, kym?

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

What I tried at Deng Wen Ji 鄧文记

My family of four visited around 5.30pm on a Sunday evening and already, there was a crowd forming. We chose to sit outdoors as their indoor seating gets too close for comfort when it’s a full house. My first must-order dish here goes to the Hokkien Prawn Noodle (S$12 for regular, S$15 for large).

Hokkien Prawn Noodle

Hokkien Prawn Noodle
Deng Wen Ji’s Hokkien Mee is a crowd-pleaser. The noodles are springy and thoroughly coated in rich umami broth, packed with prawn and pork flavours. Additionally, their generous amount of eggs completely won me over.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Charcoal Claypot Rice at Deng Wen Ji

Charcoal Claypot Rice at Deng Wen Ji
Now, for the Charcoal Claypot Rice (S$18). The star of the show, this classic clay pot rice is lovingly cooked over charcoal, resulting in a delightful smoky aroma that permeates the dish.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
The opeh leaf is truly nostalgic! Tapi bukan laksa beehoon leh, please use thin beehoon.