• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Deer killed in hit-and-run accident at SLE

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
dead_animal_on_lane_1_causes_massive_sle_jam-thumbnail.jpg

This morning's (Mar 3) massive traffic jam on Seletar Expressway was caused by an accident involving this dead deer on lane 1.

However the vehicle that knocked down the animal had left the scene.

STOMPer Keith_G wonders if it was an offence for a driver to leave the scene of an accident involving animals.

In the STOMPer's report:

"Traffic jam on SLE early this morning.

"This poor animal was lying dead on lane 1.

"I wonder if this is a hit-and-run? If yes, is there any offence?"

Latest update:

This is the Singapore Zoo's media statement:

"On March 3, 7.30am, an injured sambar deer was found lying at the Woodlands Seletar Expressway (SLE) towards Central Expressway (CTE) near Gambas. The Wildlife Reserves Singapore team, which consisted of vets and keepers was deployed. At the scene, the deer was found lying on its left side, with a deep gash near its hip and a dislodged right antler. It was also bleeding from the nose.

"After a close examination by the vets, it was ascertained that the animal had been in the same position for four hours (since 5am) and its injuries were quite severe. A decision was made to euthanize the animal before bringing it back to the Zoo.

"Based on the body size and size of antler, the deer is estimated to be about three to four years old.

"The scientific name for sambar deer is Cervus unicolor. It is widely distributed in the forests and hill slopes of India, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, the Philippines, China, Taiwan, Malaysia and Indonesia. It also thrives well in Australia, New Zealand and the United States, where it was introduced.

"At Night Safari, all our sambar deer are tagged with ear notches within the first week of birth. The identified animal does not carry the same identification."

road3-data.jpg

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mmmm....yummy now they can cook the Samba deer in sambal chilli sauce and have sambal deer meat for dinner...:biggrin:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How in the world did the deer managed to survived in SG. I thought the only wildlife left in SG are monkeys and wild boars

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i've seen lizards, dogs, cat, bird roadkills but first time seen deer roadkill in Spore!

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh dear!!! I am more concern for the driver, was he hurt? How bad was the car damage?

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"At Night Safari, all our sambar deer are tagged with ear notches within the first week of birth. The identified animal does not carry the same identification."

How in the world did the deer managed to survived in SG. I thought the only wildlife left in SG are monkeys and wild boars

It's obvious, ain't it? The deer arrived in a shipment to the zoo but escaped before being IDed and locked up in the zoo.

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
damn i diidnt know they have Rudolph in sg.....there should be warning sign like beware deers crossing...slow down...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It is an escapee from the Zoo...scary isn't it..there may be others lurking in jungle in Mandai...

This animal is not tagged...that means it is an illegal immigrant!!:biggrin:

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkie motorist killed animals on the road. In India, when they see animals crossing the road - be it a cow, dog or even a snake - traffic will come to a standstill to give way to the animal. Indians are truly animal lovers!

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkie motorist killed animals on the road. In India, when they see animals crossing the road - be it a cow, dog or even a snake - traffic will come to a standstill to give way to the animal. Indians are truly animal lovers!

Sinkie car travel in expressway 100km/h . Indian car travel less than 30km/h. That big different for the car to stop complete.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The only animals they see is on Television, especially these few days, are cannies barking in the dog pound!:biggrin: ( parliament sitting):biggrin: