• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

David Widjaja's Suicide Note?

WayangPartyClub

Alfrescian
Loyal
3336825979_ce9b74200a.jpg

The text file was titled 'last words' and was found in the laptop belonging to Mr David Hartanto Widjaja.

It was written in January, just over a month before he fell to his death at the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) campus.

In it, the writer lashed out at his family - in particular, his mother.

He described her as controlling. And this irked him so much that if his parents were to die, he probably would not cry.

Yesterday, at the coroner's inquiry into Mr Widjaja's death, the court was told that the identity of the file's author could not be determined.

But Senior Staff Sergeant Joe Ng, from the Technology Crime Forensic Branch of the Criminal Investigation Department, said Mr Widjaja's Lenovo laptop was protected by a password.

Senior Staff Sgt Ng said that a person would need to know Mr Widjaja's password to access it. He examined the laptop on 9Mar after using forensic software to gain access.

>> Forensic software can crack password??

Mr Widjaja, 21, a final-year electrical and electronic engineering student at NTU, fell four storeys to his death at about 10.30am on 2 Mar.

He had allegedly stabbed Associate Professor Chan Kap Luk, 45, the supervisor of his final-year project, in his office earlier that day.

Senior Staff Sgt Ng told the court that the investigating officer of the case had asked him to check the laptop for information relating to suicide, murder and NTU matters. (See report on facing page.)

He said that the text file which he found was created and written on 25Jan at about 12.30pm.

In the one-page document, the writer started out by saying: 'If this email is sent, that means most probably I'm no longer in this world.

'Yes, I'm committing suicide and I've my reasons. Delete this email immediately if you're not interested or do not care about me at all.'

He then went on to say that he had had enough of his 'miserable life', having lived most of it 'in sorrow and suffering'.

'I live in a not normal family. My mother likes to control everything in my life (and also my brother and father),' he wrote.

'But even now, she still treats me as a child and somehow that irritates me.'

The writer described his father as a 'very kind person' who never complained or blamed others although their financial situation was not good.

'But too bad my mother often pressurises him, which often causes quarrel between them,' he wrote.

'Do you know how it feels to watch your own family shouting at each other almost every day when you were still a child?'

The writer said that his 'unstable emotion' could have been formed because of this.

He also had this to say about his brother: 'Sometimes he's reliable, but sometimes he's also very unreliable, especially if he got something to do for himself.'

The writer then went on about his childhood, which he described as 'a bad time'.

He said that when he was young, he cried a lot because of his family, friends and teachers.

But after the age of 16, he became 'strong and cold'.

'I never shed tears anymore, to any pitiful situation or event,' he said.

'Maybe this is because I just don't have anymore tears for me to shed for other people. I even doubt I will cry if my mom or dad suddenly passes away.'

The writer said that his life became much more 'difficult and complicated' after he entered university.

He said: 'I have tried to struggle but it seems that my mental is not strong enough to continue...'

The writer ended the note by saying: 'What have I done in my life? Basically nothing but repetition.'

The writer did not sign off on the document.

No e-mail

Senior Staff Sgt Ng told the court that he could not determine if the text file was written as an e-mail.

He had checked the e-mail folder in Mr Widjaja's laptop and could not find it in the 'sent' or 'draft' folders.

Senior Staff Sgt Ng also said that the file had not been changed since it was created.

Mr Widjaja, an Indonesian, has a brother, William, 24, who works as an IT consultant.

His parents and brother, who had been attending the inquiry faithfully since it began last month, were not in court yesterday.

His father, who works in a trading firm, had to return to Jakarta on Thursday because of work commitments. His brother had to attend a meeting and could not take leave from work to come this time.

His mother, a housewife, felt uneasy about remaining here without them and chose to fly off with her husband.

The inquiry continues next Wednesday.

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
personally, i think the video clips taken by the student could describe what had happened. and what had happened was a tradegy to the people related. i was in uni once, and you know how i feel when i explain to the lecturer, he speak to my classmate giving negative and ugly comments on my explanation instead of talking to me directly. this is just a part of training, and more to encounter when one work. of course, those who are talented and with wealthy or powerful backgrounds will not be troubled this way. however, if these people all the while being praised and complimented, suddenly face such 'insult', what and how will he feel and react?

WayangPartyClub

Alfrescian
Loyal
personally, i think the video clips taken by the student could describe what had happened. and what had happened was a tradegy to the people related. i was in uni once, and you know how i feel when i explain to the lecturer, he speak to my classmate giving negative and ugly comments on my explanation instead of talking to me directly. this is just a part of training, and more to encounter when one work. of course, those who are talented and with wealthy or powerful backgrounds will not be troubled this way. however, if these people all the while being praised and complimented, suddenly face such 'insult', what and how will he feel and react?

The suicide letter is nothing but a fairy tale story concocted by the singapore government to cover up was was in fact murder and not suicide.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
if that is a suicide note from a PhD guy, wonder what level of english is that....

also this guy is electrical and electronic student,,,, shld be able to protect the laptop more efficient, but then again, minimal protection for people to see?

weird forensic findings

cowbehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal
if that is a suicide note from a phd guy, wonder what level of english is that....

Also this guy is electrical and electronic student,,,, shld be able to protect the laptop more efficient, but then again, minimal protection for people to see?

Weird forensic findings
dead man tell no tales!!!!!!ha ha

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>> Forensic software can crack password??

Forensic software are used to recover deleted files. They probably used some kind of hacking program to hack the password assuming there is one. The article said it was a text file so most likely it isnt even password protected. And if U ask the simplest way to get around all that Windows Password issue is simply pull out the hdd, plug in as an external hdd into your system and take ownership of everything. You can probably access 99% of the documents on that drive this way

Lee Hsien Tau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just as easy for the text message to be a plant? The timing of the message will just follow your system.

David's NTU account was deleted super quick according to his parents. Forensics not interested in what they can find there?:biggrin::biggrin::mad::biggrin::biggrin:

Forensic software are used to recover deleted files. They probably used some kind of hacking program to hack the password assuming there is one. The article said it was a text file so most likely it isnt even password protected. And if U ask the simplest way to get around all that Windows Password issue is simply pull out the hdd, plug in as an external hdd into your system and take ownership of everything. You can probably access 99% of the documents on that drive this way

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just as easy for the text message to be a plant? The timing of the message will just follow your system.

David's NTU account was deleted super quick according to his parents. Forensics not interested in what they can find there?:biggrin::biggrin::mad::biggrin::biggrin:

What's wrong with that. If someone leaves the company, we delete the email account asap to prevent abuse. Its SOP in most organisations. Please note that Mail Account and Mailbox does not necessarily mean the same thing.

I can delete the Mail Account of Mr A so that Mr A cannot open the account anymore but the mailbox is still in the system so if someone else needs to check it, we can grant access to that person to Mr A's mailbox.

And even if the mailbox was deleted, there's something called a Back Up. If NTU doesnt even keep a backup then they really are pathetic

As for planting false evidence, I cant comment on that. It IS possible to do it but pple who are following this case and calling it a conspiracy conveniently forgot 1 very important factor. The motive? Why would someone want to pull off something which is pretty much close to impossible to cover up. Even if we were to believe so many Unrelated pple are involved in this so called conspiracy, and the fact that the bugger actually jumped off the roof from the middle of freaking nowhere away from anyone. It still doesnt make sense

Lee Hsien Tau

Alfrescian
Loyal
How to get away with murder!

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=30912

What's wrong with that. If someone leaves the company, we delete the email account asap to prevent abuse. Its SOP in most organisations. Please note that Mail Account and Mailbox does not necessarily mean the same thing.

I can delete the Mail Account of Mr A so that Mr A cannot open the account anymore but the mailbox is still in the system so if someone else needs to check it, we can grant access to that person to Mr A's mailbox.

And even if the mailbox was deleted, there's something called a Back Up. If NTU doesnt even keep a backup then they really are pathetic

As for planting false evidence, I cant comment on that. It IS possible to do it but pple who are following this case and calling it a conspiracy conveniently forgot 1 very important factor. The motive? Why would someone want to pull off something which is pretty much close to impossible to cover up. Even if we were to believe so many Unrelated pple are involved in this so called conspiracy, and the fact that the bugger actually jumped off the roof from the middle of freaking nowhere away from anyone. It still doesnt make sense

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wonder what is the big fuss over this widjaja death, it is just one foreign trash killing another foreign trash both of whom toke something off us singaporeans. one a place in NTU meant for a singaporen and the other a job.