• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

David Du Lan Few Erected During Familee Anthem!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Stand up for Singapore and don't be stingy with applause
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->THE cavalier attitude of some fellow citizens appalled me when I walked past a National Day celebration feast at Kovan Hub last Saturday night.
I was walking to a makeshift bus stop when the National Anthem was played over the loudspeakers.
I stood to attention immediately. That was when I noticed some people walking and doing their own thing with no regard for the standing Members of Parliament and diners.

=> Did this running dog check the colour of their IC?

Much energy and talk have been expended on whether citizens know the exact words of Majulah Singapura and can say the Pledge correctly.
But if we cannot extend a basic courtesy by standing still when the National Anthem is played, then we are miles from a nation that is strong and free.
Strong because we can stand united and rally around the Flag and Anthem, symbols of the nation's hard-won independence. Free because we can set aside our differences, disencumber ourselves and prize freedom above all else.
When I was in Chiangmai a few years ago (and did not know the Thai national anthem), a stallholder in a market politely asked me to stand when the anthem was played. Since then, I note that the Thais, young and old and from all walks of life, will stop whatever they are doing and pay respects when the anthem is played.
It takes little effort to stand up for Singapore. It is something we must learn to do naturally and imbue in our children when young.
Incidentally, I missed my bus and saw two performances put on by a secondary school to entertain the gathering of diners, whose attitude baffled me. Why were they so parsimonious with their applause and unappreciative of the efforts by the students?
I went home disappointed. If we do not stand up for our young today, how will the future generation stand up for Singapore?

=> Indeed, the 66% better wake up their idea soon or there'll be no future for themselves and their next generation!
David Lam

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... I stood to attention immediately. ... Incidentally, I missed my bus and saw two performances put on by a secondary school to entertain the gathering of diners, whose attitude baffled me. Why were they so parsimonious with their applause and unappreciative of the efforts by the students?
David Lam
ah david ...

who say muz stand up 1? ... y did u f**k dose bus drivers 4 nt stopping their buses and stand up? ...

on ze students' performance, their performance muz b nt world crass la ... lidat oso muz clap meh? ... appreciatif of effort? ... lousy oso muz appreciate meh? ...

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
[If we do not stand up for our young today, how will the future generation stand up for Singapore?]

CSJ stood up for Sinkapor, see what happend to him?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No lah!..co-incidentally, David Lam, "lampar" stood up, when the National Anthem played, " Masuklah sinGAPURA"!!...he saw some 'chio China Mei Mei's' and they ignored him...

You think, he is that patriotic each time, he hears the National Anthem plays, he STAND UP?

sheesh...!!:p