• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Danielle Woong, 20, Wants More SEX Education

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Yes, we need more sex education, says woman in early 20s
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->IN RESPONSE to Mrs Silvia Cormont-Ku's request on Wednesday, 'Sex education for young needs a revamp', I agree we need more education. As a young woman in her early 20s in Singapore, I am constantly sold the benefits of abstinence; however, the reality here is very different. Sexually transmitted diseases are a fact of life as people around my age are sexually active but not sexually aware, so promoting abstinence should not be the only solution.
A few weeks ago, some friends and I happened upon a World Contraception Day event at The Heeren. There were games and prizes to be won, and we had some fun, but we also went away more informed on the topic of contraception. Each of us also got a free booklet which had information on all types of contraception methods, and how effective they are.
It's amazing how many myths there are about contraception and their accuracy. As a result of not being fully informed, we tend to take more risks, mainly due to ignorance. People never think it will happen to them, but only by being completely aware of the dangers of unprotected sex can you make informed choice. As such, I firmly believe more of such events or programmes should be implemented, as they will definitely be an improvement on the current sex education landscape. Danielle Woong (Ms)

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://ridgeonline.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/image0021.jpg

image0021.jpg

Four producers, a playwright and a director.
(Top from left to right): Laremy Lee, Chethan Anil and Mussadaq Raibin. Bottom: Danielle Woong, Eva Pillai, and Desiree Choo