• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dai Yang Tian: Singapore just a hotel.

Lee Hsien Tau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Xin.sg - Saturday, July 4

Dai Yang Tian is the typical Shanghainese boy -- smart and hardworking with dreams and goals, and being one of those new generation of Chinese born in the 80s in China, proud and full of energy.

Dai calls himself a homely boy, almost an "Otaku" (Japanese term for someone with obsessive interests), with the ability to stay at home for two whole weeks, reading his scripts and enjoying a movie or two, with hardly any other pastimes. One would think someone as stylish as Dai would fuss over his looks, but he revealed otherwise. He finds it a bother to do up his hair, making do with a cap whenever he steps out of the house.

Shanghainese men are well known for their skills around the house and Dai is one typical Shanghainese. "I can cook but I don't think the result is very good. Besides, it costs more to cook than eating out, so I just stopped cooking."

Dai's first successful onscreen appearance was the block buster production, The Little Nyonya, where he made his presence known as a newcomer. In the recent Star Awards, he clinched the Best Newcomer Award. While being recognized as an achievement, Dai is looking forward to hone his acting skills. Besides himself, all his supporters' attention is turned to his next drama. If his rise to fame in The Little Nyonya was credited to luck, Table of Glory would be one that reveals his acting skills.

From China to Japan and finally now in Singapore, Dai has experienced more than those of his age, with an independence that surpasses his age. Dai reveals that he hardly keeps in contact with his parents, and could not even accurately pinpoint his mother's current location.

"Wouldn't your parents worry for you?" we asked. "They're busy with work and I've gotten used to it," he said.

Perhaps this is his unique way of handling his relationship with his parents or just a tad of selfishness in young Chinese. But Dai strives hard to fulfill his dreams and for now Dai doubts Singapore will be his last stop.