• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Crony capitalism

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The political leaders in Singapore redefined "corruption" to suit their purposes. Their claim that Singapore is low in corruption does not tally with the high score the Economist has given to Singapore on "crony capitalism".

Many of the things they do in Singapore will be illegal or not politically acceptable in Australia. Like the wife of the PM heading Temasek. Like the wife of the PM running a law firm doing big government businesses.

When Kevin Rudd became PM of Australia in 2007, his wife has to sell off that portion of her business that has Australian government contracts. Otherwise KR will be plagued by serious conflict of interests and corruption allegations.

http://tankinlian.blogspot.com.au/2...n=Feed:+TanKinLiansBlog+(Tan+Kin+Lian's+Blog)

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not "free of corruption"

A friend from Myanmar asked me to explain how Singapore to level of corruption in Singapore. He believed that Singapore sets a high standard in being "free of corruption".

I said that the practice in Singapore is not "free of corruption".

Temasek Holdings is run by the wife of the Prime Minister. She is the CEO. Some people asked if she is the right person who has the business and management know-how to run such a large group of companies. I do not recall anyone giving a convincing answer.

The directors fees and the remuneration of the CEO of Temasek Holdings are not disclosed. Some people speculated that the CEO could be receiving several tens of millions in remuneration a year. But, the public does not know.

Friend - Is Temasek a public company? Are they required to disclose the remuneration of their top people?

TKL - It is technically a private company and is not required to disclose these information. However, it is wholly owned by the Government and is, in reality, a public company. All the citizens of Singapore should have the right to know how much the directors and CEO of Temasek are being paid.

Friend - I find this very strange. Perhaps it was embarrassing for them to disclose the actual remuneration, which must be extremely high. A better approach is to pay the CEO a "reasonable salary" and to have it disclosed to the public.

My Myanmar friend was visibly surprised. Coming from a country that had a high level of corruption in the past, he had expected a high standard of transparency and meritocracy to be practiced in Singapore. He did not expect to hear about the practices that I have described.

http://tankinlian.blogspot.com.au/2...n=Feed:+TanKinLiansBlog+(Tan+Kin+Lian's+Blog)

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Not "free of corruption"

A friend from Myanmar asked me to explain how Singapore to level of corruption in Singapore. He believed that Singapore sets a high standard in being "free of corruption".

Temasek Holdings is run by the wife of the Prime Minister. She is the CEO. Some people asked if she is the right person who has the business and management know-how to run such a large group of companies. I do not recall anyone giving a convincing answer.

The directors fees and the remuneration of the CEO of Temasek Holdings are not disclosed. Some people speculated that the CEO could be receiving several tens of millions in remuneration a year. But, the public does not know.

Friend - Is Temasek a public company? Are they required to disclose the remuneration of their top people?

TKL - It is technically a private company and is not required to disclose these information. However, it is wholly owned by the Government and is, in reality, a public company. All the citizens of Singapore should have the right to know how much the directors and CEO of Temasek are being paid.

Friend - I find this very strange. Perhaps it was embarrassing for them to disclose the actual remuneration, which must be extremely high. A better approach is to pay the CEO a "reasonable salary" and to have it disclosed to the public.

My Myanmar friend was visibly surprised. Coming from a country that had a high level of corruption in the past, he had expected a high standard of transparency and meritocracy to be practiced in Singapore. He did not expect to hear about the practices that I have described.

Mr Tan didn't mention to his friend that Lee Gay Loong appointed his wife to the position of CEO of Temasek while he was Minister of Finance, and that Stomasick is 100% owned by his own Ministry? Liddat can ah?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr Tan didn't mention to his friend that Lee Gay Loong appointed his wife to the position of CEO of Temasek while he was Minister of Finance, and that Stomasick is 100% owned by his own Ministry? Liddat can ah?

Cpib reports directly to him and so does elections dept.
Not forgetting his old man was GIC chairman until mati

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not "free of corruption"

PAP runs the besteest propangada machine in the world, of course all these developing nations got conned, even Uncle Sam also kena conned! what do you expect? Fortunately Burmese Supreme leader Aung Sam Su Kyi knows very well, PAP has been trying to con its way into Burma since NLD took over power, but it gets nothing, guess which country got lion share of the contract, JAPAN lah.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Anything to stop the wife nagging all day long and get her off his back. This way, he got the wife to work all day and come home only after dinner, by that time, he probably sleep already.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why are you sinkies complaining? you all got pigeon hole to stay in, got new iphones and drink high class kopi at the atas joint. why complain? you all all half fuck rich and act like the whole world is under your feet. do some reflection, you jiak liao bee sinkies. if this is a horse race, i will back the chinks who are more shrewd and lay my bet on sinkies, for i see in this era, sinkieland is declining.

Last edited:

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Damn you are the one starting the thread and now you are saying we are complaining?

Ho seh Boh Hia Dee?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
zero corruption but we rank the highest in crony capitalism and have the largest footprint in panama papers among all asean countries.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
leefamily2.jpg