• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CPF (Amendment) Bill tabled to establish Lifelong Income Scheme

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/431753/1/.html

By May Wong, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 25 May 2009 2315 hrs

phpydBPBh.jpg

Photos 1 of 1

Elderly Singaporeans (file picture)

SINGAPORE : The Manpower Ministry has introduced a bill to establish a Lifelong Income Scheme under the Central Provident Fund (CPF) Act.

The scheme aims to provide all eligible members a monthly income for the rest of their lives through an annuity plan.

There will also be provision for refunds of premiums paid in certain circumstances.

The bill also seeks to make changes related to the introduction of the Lease Buyback Scheme. - CNA /ls

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
The scheme aims to provide all eligible members a monthly income for the rest of their lives through an annuity plan.

i've been saying "NO" to compulsory annuity since it was first suggested by ex-ntuc chief and i'll continue to say "NO".

ccchia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also say "no" to the proposed CPF annuity.

Maybe only gullible Sinkies and PAPpie dogs may agree to this scheme which is designed to steal our hard-earned CPF money from us, in order to top up the depleted Temasick coffers.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/431753/1/.html

By May Wong, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 25 May 2009 2315 hrs

phpydBPBh.jpg

Photos 1 of 1

Elderly Singaporeans (file picture)

SINGAPORE : The Manpower Ministry has introduced a bill to establish a Lifelong Income Scheme under the Central Provident Fund (CPF) Act.

There will also be provision for refunds of premiums paid in certain circumstances.

The bill also seeks to make changes related to the introduction of the Lease Buyback Scheme. - CNA /ls

Look at it this way, no more PRCs mei mei to hanker after "ah pek" liao.

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also say "no" to the proposed CPF annuity.

Maybe only gullible Sinkies and PAPpie dogs may agree to this scheme which is designed to steal our hard-earned CPF money from us, in order to top up the depleted Temasick coffers.

So what if you guys say no? Has any bill detrimental to you ever been rejected
after being presented to parliament?

Even if everyone disagress, so what? What can you guys do about it?

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
What we guys do about it...have you ever heard of the word VOTE? :wink:

My friend, sometimes waiting until the vote is too late, besides the next party in power may not rollback the policies of the previous government. Things change in politics all the time. If you feel really strongly about something, you will need to fight for it. Unfortunately, I have seen that Singaporeans seem to be passionate about the wrong things (or at least different things from me). I have travelled to many countries and I have never seen a country as politically apathetic as Singapore, it is almost as if it is devoid of life, like a zombie moving around.

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another nail in the coffin, to seal your CPF away for good.

Temasick cannot pay the money they owe, just like ponzi scheme coming to end stages, and so they decided to make it FOREVER GONE.

Good luck to those who contribute to CPF.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My friend, sometimes waiting until the vote is too late, besides the next party in power may not rollback the policies of the previous government. Things change in politics all the time. If you feel really strongly about something, you will need to fight for it. Unfortunately, I have seen that Singaporeans seem to be passionate about the wrong things (or at least different things from me). I have travelled to many countries and I have never seen a country as politically apathetic as Singapore, it is almost as if it is devoid of life, like a zombie moving around.

This I have to agree with you...but what else does the really active SINgaporeans do...other than VOTE?,when given a chance to vote.....

I go stronly fight hard for my hard earned Blood Sweat & Tears money, whom I have work hard with honesty all my life, to see it, moving farther, farther away...and when I do get it, it is in drips & drops.

Ok!....don't give the crap of spending it all on...even I do spend it all, it is my hard earned money...I deserve to enjoy myself with it...and the money spend goes into the economy..it stimulates it!.

Like I have said, I go..alone!...there is not one behind me, the rest are zombies...How can a lone voice be heard from those hiding in the ivory towers?

You need a crowd or crowds, shouting & with battling ram..bring down the towers...

But we are just alone...given a chance, VOTE!:mad: