• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Countering ST propaganda on Temasek recouping its losses

temasekreview

Alfrescian
Loyal
The mouth-piece of the ruling party, the Straits Times has declared unilaterally today that the state Sovereign Wealth Fund, Temasek Holdings has “recouped a big part of its portfolio losses since a low point in March”. (read full article here)

In an lengthy editorial splashed on the front page, the Straits Times tried desperately to exonerate Temasek’s beleaguered CEO Ho Ching from any blame in the investment losses by hailing her decisions to purchase financial heavyweights such as India’s ICICI Bank, China Construction Bank and Standard Chartered Bank.

XXX

However, the Straits Times is surprisingly muted on the share prices of Bank of America and Barclays which has since rebounded.

Temasek under Ho Ching bought shares in Merrill Lynch (later sold to Bank of America) and Barclays at a high last year before selling them at a low somewhere in mid-March this year leading to a catastrophic loss of a few billion dollars.

Temasek’s loss on BoA alone is estimated around US$4.6 billion, or roughly US$1,000 for every single Singaporean citizen. (Source: Asian Sentinel)

Let’s take a look at the stock prices of Bank of America and Barclays during the past six months:

Read rest of article here:

http://temasekreview.com/?p=11733

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talk is cheap...just like Jerry Maguire said...

"SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OaiSHcHM0PA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OaiSHcHM0PA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

M

moneyfacepap

Very soon she and the father in law will start to claim credits.

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have a manager in my company, insist that i stock up the sugar because the price keep going up, even though the price at that time is already very high. In the end after bulk purchase, the price drop like crazy. Then he tell me no worry, it is for long term, must look at it 10-20 years. Then next minute he ask me sell, then after it was sold, the price went all the way up...

In the end i tak boleh tahan and sacked him. He has been giving all wrong predictions and still ask me to trust him and give him 1 more chance.

Any boss would have sacked him, but will the 66.6% see differently?

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
PM Lee got say, if Shin Corp loses are actualise, people will be responsible and he will punish them.

How now? PM say one must do right?

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
do we really have the amount they say we have in the state coffers?

like Jesus, some people dun believe he exists unless they see him personally?

so far we can only give him the benefit of the doubt? tioh boh?

so even if they say they made 200 billions, we still have to trust them?

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
do we really have the amount they say we have in the state coffers?

like Jesus, some people dun believe he exists unless they see him personally?

so far we can only give him the benefit of the doubt? tioh boh?

so even if they say they made 200 billions, we still have to trust them?
You saying TH is actually Jesus Inc.?