• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Confirmed-S'pore Haven for Corrupt money from despots

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Legal battle looms over Marcos funds in Singapore
A legal battle is looming in Singapore over 25 million US dollars which allegedly belonged to the late Philipine dictator Ferdinand Marcos, lawyers said Wednesday.

The lawyers representing rival claimants to the money, held in Singapore, met with a high court judge for the second time in three days to discuss how to proceed with their claims.

It was agreed during the brief in chambers meeting that they would now undertake preparatory work ahead of an eventual court hearing, the lawyers said.

"The argument is all about who in the end is entitled to the money," Kenneth Tan, a senior legal counsel who is representing more than 9,500 victims of human rights abuses during Marcos' rule, told AFP.

Justice Kan Ting Chiu has not yet set a date for a hearing.

Besides the rights victims, other claimants include the Philippine government and the Philippine National Bank as well as four foundations alleged to be Marcos fronts.

Last year, Singapore's highest court rejected an appeal by the Philippine government to take hold of the money.

Singapore's Court of Appeal affirmed an earlier ruling by a high court judge who said the Philippine government must prove that it owns the bank deposits in the face of competing claims from other parties.

The appeal court has said the 25 million dollars held in escrow is the remainder of some 100 million dollars in Marcos funds deposited in a bank in Singapore.

The rest had been transferred to the Philippine government in 2003 before rival claims had been lodged, it said.

Marcos was toppled in a popular revolt in 1986 and died in exile in Hawaii in 1989. He was accused of plundering billions of dollars from his country, but his family denies the accusation.

More than 500 civil and criminal suits have been filed worldwide against members of Marcos's family and his estate.

Despite years of hearings and investigations, no Marcos relative has been sent to jail, but human rights victims won a judgement for damages in a Hawaii court, which forms the basis of their claim to the assets in Singapore.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never judge a person by his paper qualifications only.

Dirty Hairy got a 1st class Law degree from Cambridge

What does that say? He is good at law and can manipulate to bully those who don't know.

But worse of all, when SG is under attack and being occupied by the Japs, with all the raping and execution of resistance forces going on, he go offer his service to the Japs.

What dose that say? He will betray his country to stay alive, in today's context, he will betray his country again to stay in power.

Tiu Kwang Yew

Alfrescian
Loyal
seldom come to forum during these hours.

make my day to read the below, clap clap clap, this is what i want to say but my englland so so poor and cannot express.

betray to stay in power--this is a fact, now we call it immigration--the pretext to stay in power.

thank kou for the music.

What does that say? He is good at law and can manipulate to bully those who don't know.

But worse of all, when SG is under attack and being occupied by the Japs, with all the raping and execution of resistance forces going on, he go offer his service to the Japs.

What dose that say? He will betray his country to stay alive, in today's context, he will betray his country again to stay in power.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

The fact that Harry allows despots like Marcos to hide their money here means that he also hides his own money here. Other despots recognize a fellow despot, and hence feel comfortable leaving their money here.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why he will never ever allow his PAP to loose power, just imagine AH Bian took power for only 8 years and just see the $$ he took from the state.

Dirty Hairy's 40 Years??? My God you can only imagine...

Now you understand why he say Army Tanks will roll in if he there's a freak election results.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, I benefited from his policy, I got a bit richer by selling the HDB pigeon hole.

But that doesn't mean I'll kneel down and kiss his feet and call him Grandpa, I'll still vote him out.

So I hope his cronies in here can let him know, Not everyone is like him, I'm willing to give all back to have a fair political system and freedom as promise in the constitution, I'm not asking for more, just fulfill what the pledge say. Bastard made us recite everyday in school to realized that it is being twisted and distorted by Dirty Hairy.

Woody say he is afraid of a Hang Parliament, then why have election? Might as well declare PAP rule for the next 100 years? They don't call them Wayang for nothing.

seldom come to forum during these hours.

make my day to read the below, clap clap clap, this is what i want to say but my englland so so poor and cannot express.

betray to stay in power--this is a fact, now we call it immigration--the pretext to stay in power.

thank kou for the music.