• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Condo En-Bloc 恩仇碌,sound like 30% Oppie vs 70% Good Hands Sirpokers, right Boss John?

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.todayonline.com/feature...-tensions-neighbours-failed-sale-bids-2459861

Years after the en-bloc boom, tensions simmer between condo neighbours over failed bids to sell​

The Tanamera condominium along New Upper Changi Road failed to launch a collective sale in all three of its attempts.
Raj Nadarajan/TODAY
The Tanamera condominium along New Upper Changi Road failed to launch a collective sale in all three of its attempts.

Listen to this article
10 min
This audio is generated by an AI tool.
  • A once harmonious condominium community can be left in turmoil after an en-bloc sale fails to launch
  • Some owners in opposing camps become bitter over the outcome, leading to strained even acrimonious relationships between neighbours
  • Residents of condominiums spoke of awkward interactions with some neighbours while tensions simmer
  • Property analysts said that the en-bloc market has been stagnating in recent years due to factors such as market cooling measures
  • They expect the stagnation to continue in the years ahead and suggested that sellers need to lower their price expectations

Shynn Ong
BY SHYNN ONG
Published July 20, 2024
Updated July 20, 2024

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE — It has been about a year since Helen was caught up in her condominium estate's last collective sale attempt but even today, she avoids interacting with some of her neighbours.

The 48-year-old freelancer, who wished to be known only by her first name, has been living at Pine Grove for two years. Last year, she felt pressured to agree to the estate's fifth and latest failed attempt at passing an en-bloc agreement — because her neighbours who were for the collective sale of their condo had been talking her up almost daily.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
They just kept talking to me every day and convincing me to sign the deal, so I did in the end," she said.

"But I think I did it out of pressure because I've only been living here for (two years) and I would need to pay (seller's stamp duty) if I did not meet the minimum occupancy period."

Helen's situation may sound awkward, but some have had it worse.

READ ALSO​

The Big Read: Property cooling measures — examining the case for a ‘sledgehammer’

Mr Pooba Mahalingam served as chairman for the collective sales committee at The Tanamera condominium along New Upper Changi Road during its first two failed attempts to launch a collective sale in 2017 and 2019.

He said that some residents thought that he had a hidden agenda to profit from the role.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Minimum % for enbloc should be staggered.

Less than 20 years old project: 90%
20 - 40 years: 80%
Older than 40 years: 70%

always above 2/3 support

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Minimum % for enbloc should be staggered.

Less than 20 years old project: 90%
20 - 40 years: 80%
Older than 40 years: 70%

always above 2/3 support
wow...like that ish like 30% 天地会 always block peepur 朝庭发大财?

Last edited:

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow...like that ish like 30% always block peepur 发大财?
Many enbloc organizers are corrupted. If not, why these people so "on"? Of course they are paid more.

Some get kickbacks from the property companies who are entitled to appx 2% commission. In most cases, the organizers collude with valuers, manipulate the payout allocations eg apportionment ratio:

Eg. The project is just level 1-4, but they consider people at level 4 as high-floors.
Eg. The project has only 2-BR or 3-BR, but they insist psf payout for 2-BR to be 30% higher.
Eg. The project has some commercial units. If they are the minority, they will get raped. If they are the majority, the residential properties get raped.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many enbloc organizers are corrupted. If not, why these people so "on"? Of course they are paid more.

Some get kickbacks from the property companies who are entitled to appx 2% commission. In most cases, the organizers collude with valuers, manipulate the payout allocations eg apportionment ratio:

Eg. The project is just level 1-4, but they consider people at level 4 as high-floors.
Eg. The project has only 2-BR or 3-BR, but they insist psf payout for 2-BR to be 30% higher.
Eg. The project has some commercial units. If they are the minority, they will get raped. If they are the majority, the residential properties get raped.
Just like 70% peepur who are always in Good Hands are looking forward to 发大大大 aka Huat Big Big Big

Seriously, is nothing wrong on their motivation

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just like 70% peepur who are always in Good Hands are looking forward to 发大大大 aka Huat Big Big Big

Seriously, is nothing wrong on their motivation
Most owners have little knowledge of their rights during enbloc. Ended up many get conned by dishonest members in enbloc committee.

If our government is really interested in revitalizing Singapore, enbloc procedures should be sanctioned and organized by BCA/URA to prevent hanky-pankies.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most owners have little knowledge of their rights during enbloc. Ended up many get conned by dishonest members in enbloc committee.

If our government is really interested in revitalizing Singapore, enbloc procedures should be sanctioned and organized by BCA/URA to prevent hanky-pankies.
This en-bloc is a very good representation in a small economic system :smile:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pine grove is a good condo.
If you got force to move out, you can't find such a good living space any more with the kind of money you got from enbloc.
Braddell rise is a HUDC and no developer is touching that. ...
Cos it is fucking expensive to move out for the developer.
I will buy and sit on it !

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Pooba Mahalingam served as chairman for the collective sales committee at The Tanamera condominium along New Upper Changi Road during its first two failed attempts to launch a collective sale in 2017 and 2019.

He said that some residents thought that he had a hidden agenda to profit from the role.

Mr Poobor definitely did it out of love, with no hidden agenda