• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Common looks of Hakka vs Cantonese vs Teochew

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMG_2448.jpeg

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The typical Hakka appearance is a wide forehead, thick eyebrows and round eyes, a low nose bridge but not collapsed, wide nose wings, a square chin, and a slightly blunt face, so the appearance appears to be relatively soft and gentle.

Well-known actors such as Leslie Cheung and Chow Yun-fat are Hakkas. Brother and Chow Yun-fat can be regarded as the benchmark of Hakka appearance, with a wide square face, flat face but not lacking in three-dimensionality, and even a kind of melancholy temperament.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Auto translation

The temples are sunken inwards, the zygomatic arches aka cheek bones are outwards, the face looks roughly like a diamond, and the facial features are relatively concentrated.

Not very tall, with deep eyebrows and eyes, a short and wide nose, and thick lips, these constitute the typical appearance of Cantonese people.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Cantonese have protruding jaws, the Hakka have wide and flat faces, while the Chaoshan people have more prominent edges and corners.

The Chaoshan people are a branch of the ancient Heluo people in the Central Plains. They are mostly concentrated in the Chaoshan area of Guangdong and are one of the three major Han ethnic groups in Guangdong.

Generally speaking, the Chaoshan people have sharp edges and corners in appearance, long and high noses, and high three-dimensional facial features, which is a typical southerner with a northern appearance.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Cantonese have protruding jaws, the Hakka have wide and flat faces, while the Chaoshan people have more prominent edges and corners.

The Chaoshan people are a branch of the ancient Heluo people in the Central Plains. They are mostly concentrated in the Chaoshan area of Guangdong and are one of the three major Han ethnic groups in Guangdong.

Generally speaking, the Chaoshan people have sharp edges and corners in appearance, long and high noses, and high three-dimensional facial features, which is a typical southerner with a northern appearance.
IMG_2451.jpeg

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The typical Hakka appearance is a wide forehead, thick eyebrows and round eyes, a low nose bridge but not collapsed, wide nose wings, a square chin, and a slightly blunt face, so the appearance appears to be relatively soft and gentle.

Well-known actors such as Leslie Cheung and Chow Yun-fat are Hakkas. Brother and Chow Yun-fat can be regarded as the benchmark of Hakka appearance, with a wide square face, flat face but not lacking in three-dimensionality, and even a kind of melancholy temperament.
Very accurate, look at this China couple YouTubers are both Hakka and their kid all big round eyes

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
My ex Malaysian hakka accountant also big round eyes. Famous actress Hakka Zhong chuhong also big round eyes.
Auto translation

The temples are sunken inwards, the zygomatic arches aka cheek bones are outwards, the face looks roughly like a diamond, and the facial features are relatively concentrated.

Not very tall, with deep eyebrows and eyes, a short and wide nose, and thick lips, these constitute the typical appearance of Cantonese people.
No wonder big round eyes, outward cheek bones, sunken temple, thick lips etc lah. 血统是骗不了人的。

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
My ex Malaysian hakka accountant also big round eyes. Famous actress Hakka Zhong chuhong also big round eyes.
I am 75% Cantonese with big round eyes but my sister does not and my 25% termed Hakka genes is not even Han based. In the broad sense, not very definitive

yubenOh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heng moi is teochew. No wonder ppl always say moi is yandao and ask me if I'm foreigner coz my facial feature is sharper than the run of the mill coolie genes LOL.

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heng moi is teochew. No wonder ppl always say moi is yandao and ask me if I'm foreigner coz my facial feature is sharper than the run of the mill coolie genes LOL.
Verify first, got a friend who proclaims he is traditional Teochew as grandfather migrated from there. But he looks like a typical Oppa when young. Main point is migration pattern from the north was prevalent and assimilation into Han culture was easy to mask off its original descent for whatever reasons.