• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Combo exploitation goes all the way, SPYWARE VIRUS SPAM THEFT etc

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for using Microsoft Windows :wink::rolleyes:!

This example shows that exploitation had finally got the combo idea that goes ALL THE WAY, instead of just exploiting their victims in one single way. They will install one virus after another one spyware after another SELL you another CRAP for $49.95 then STEAL your credit card. You are going to lose BIG!

What they called themselves? They made you believe that they are Anti-Virus & Security Service.

Their GREAT IDEA is IDENTICAL with the famiLEE LEEgime. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

They are the law, they are the justice, they are the mata, they are peace and order, they are god, they are savior, they are your perfection. They are the crooks; thieves; bandits; liars; terrorists; vampire; thugs; they are the devil. ALL IN ONE!
200x140_a.jpg

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20090427/ttc-tech-us-security-virus-96247d2.html

Conficker virus begins to attack PCs: experts

<cite class="auth">Reuters - Saturday, April 25</cite>By Jim Finkle

<script language="javascript">if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object(); window.yzq_d['mGU8NXxsfFA-']='&U=13f59r8mk%2fN%3dmGU8NXxsfFA-%2fC%3d708750.13248203.13481552.2013436%2fD%3dLREC%2fB%3d5677230%2fV%3d1'; </script><noscript>
b
</noscript>
BOSTON - A malicious software program known as Conficker that many feared would wreak havoc on April 1 is slowly being activated, weeks after being dismissed as a false alarm, security experts said.
Conficker, also known as Downadup or Kido, is quietly turning an unknown number of personal computers into servers of e-mail spam, they added.

The worm started spreading late last year, infecting millions of computers and turning them into "slaves" that respond to commands sent from a remote server that effectively controls an army of computers known as a botnet.

Its unidentified creators started using those machines for criminal purposes in recent weeks by loading more malicious software onto a small percentage of computers under their control, said Vincent Weafer, a vice president with Symantec Security Response, the research arm of the world's largest security software maker, Symantec Corp.

Conficker installs a second virus, known as Waledac, that sends out e-mail spam without knowledge of the PC's owner, along with a fake anti-spyware program, Weafer said.

The Waledac virus recruits the PCs into a second botnet that has existed for several years and specializes in distributing e-mail spam.
Conficker also carries a third virus that warns users their PCs are infected and offers them a fake anti-virus program, Spyware Protect 2009 for $49.95, according to Russian-based security researcher Kaspersky Lab. If they buy it, their credit card information is stolen and the virus downloads even more malicious software.

Weafer said that while he believes the number of infected machines that have become active is relatively small, he expects a consistent stream of attacks to follow, with other types of malware distributed by Conficker's authors.

"Expect this to be long-term, slowly changing," he said of the worm. "It's not going to be fast, aggressive."

Researchers feared the network controlled by the Conficker worm might be deployed on April 1 for the first time since the worm surfaced last year because it was programed to increase communication attempts from that date.

The security industry formed a task force to fight the worm, bringing widespread attention that experts said probably scared off the criminals who command the slave computers.

That task force thwarted the worm partially by using the Internet's traffic control system to block access to servers that control the slave computers.

Viruses that turn PCs into slaves exploit weaknesses in Microsoft's Windows operating system. The Conficker worm is especially tricky because it can evade corporate firewalls by passing from an infected machine onto a USB memory stick, then onto another PC.

The Conficker botnet is one of many such networks controlled by syndicates that authorities believe are based in eastern Europe, southeast Asia, China and Latin America.

Last edited:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Solution? Get rid of MS Windows. Use Linux or other OS.

http://www.ubuntu.com/

http://distrowatch.com/

Yeah, I have just used the latest Kubuntu 9.04, damn good lah!

Confirmed these days Lunux plug & play are way stronger than MS.

All the 3 network printers self-installed and self-selected correct driver and models automatically and quickly, I only clicked few times.

Graphics cards, monitors, sound, DVD/RW etc, no questions asked, just automatically works at one OS installation.

I did not even use a DVD media. I just plugged in a micro thumb drive of Kubuntu bootable, turn on the PC, Kubuntu comes up, I clicked INSTALL, and chose the harddisk. Very soon entire system is up with just one re-boot only. Very simple unlike MS Carps.

Once it is rebooting I unplug thumb drive. Open Office etc applications are already there. I just setup the network printers & mount the file server shares that's it.

Sys Admin became so easy and fast, and reliable. What virus? Even if I delibrately clicked on virus also will not affect Linux!

These days MS users are very pathetic I really pity them. They believed that they were using the BEST OS and the most POWERFUL software. 1st they got exploited by MS. Then MS sold them to be exploited by crooks; thieves; bandits; thugs; and bastards who hijack their PCs. The users are taken hostage by these bastards including MS. PAY & PAY through their noses. Suffer like suckers. Kept saying NO CHOICE when tons of choices are before them. Their exploiters making millions as they suck and suffer.

Sounding familiar?

:-)

merlion_CB

Alfrescian
Loyal
Microsoft acknowledged the fact that installing more anti-virus and anti-spyware programs are exposing to more risks because malwares are pretending to be anti-virus and anti-spyware programs.

Criminals are pretending to be cops these days, so you SHOULD NOT TRUST any such things.