• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cockroach Found in NTUC House Brand Tuna!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
AntiUSee not apologetic Woh! Cos got powderful backing?

Posted on 22 Sep, 2008 13:54
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Cockroach found in can of tuna but insincere staff doesn't apologise

After discovering a dead cockroach in a can of tuna, a STOMPer and her mother were appalled that not only were they not given an apology, the staff of the supermarket which produces the product seemed insincere about dealing with the matter.

The STOMPer says that when they brought the can back to the supermarket, they were refunded without any explanation on the company's part.

In an e-mail dated September 22, the STOMPer says:

"The purpose of this mail is to express our dissatisfaction with the product and service we received from NTUC.

"My mum has been patronising NTUC for years.

"On 19 Sep 2008, she was shocked to find a dead cockroach inside a can of NTUC tuna. On the same day I accompanied my mum to the Buangkok NTUC where we purchased the tuna to demand for an explanation.

"And guess what? One of the female staff just took the tuna and refunded us the money. I was furious but still asked her nicely whether any actions will be taken. She only replied 'We will investigate' and walked away.

"Not even an apology from her and didn't even bother to take down our particulars so how are we going to be informed after they have investigated?

"I am very disappointed with the NTUC products quality control and the way the staff handled this".

getArticlePhoto.do

getArticlePhoto.do

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top align=right><TD colSpan=2>
» Email a Friend​

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Pica_NA

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmm.... should ask that staff, you support PxP... if not, why your reply sound so similar to them ? wahahaha.... :p

Manchu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyah ! NTUC is king in Singapore; everyone knows it mah, they have many government ministers and sub-ministers in their rank and file.

Lucky for that consumer NTUC did not charge them extra for the additional delicacy in their can of NTUC tuna. Somemore they want to complain. I think better solution is for them to shut up and boycott NTUC house brands from now on.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now one understands why AntiUSee prices its house brand products a couple of cents below those of other brands! The victim should be thankful that the roach is big enuff to be seen. What if it's been laced with melamine, etc?

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal

Posted on 22 Sep, 2008 13:54
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Cockroach found in can of tuna but insincere staff doesn't apologise

After discovering a dead cockroach in a can of tuna, a STOMPer and her mother were appalled that not only were they not given an apology, the staff of the supermarket which produces the product seemed insincere about dealing with the matter.

The STOMPer says that when they brought the can back to the supermarket, they were refunded without any explanation on the company's part.

In an e-mail dated September 22, the STOMPer says:

"The purpose of this mail is to express our dissatisfaction with the product and service we received from NTUC.

"My mum has been patronising NTUC for years.

"On 19 Sep 2008, she was shocked to find a dead cockroach inside a can of NTUC tuna. On the same day I accompanied my mum to the Buangkok NTUC where we purchased the tuna to demand for an explanation.

"And guess what? One of the female staff just took the tuna and refunded us the money. I was furious but still asked her nicely whether any actions will be taken. She only replied 'We will investigate' and walked away.

"Not even an apology from her and didn't even bother to take down our particulars so how are we going to be informed after they have investigated?

"I am very disappointed with the NTUC products quality control and the way the staff handled this".

getArticlePhoto.do

getArticlePhoto.do

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top align=right><TD colSpan=2>
» Email a Friend​

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I was wondering the cockroach is in the tin of tuna or added to it bcos it look like it had just been caught.

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mmmmm...... not sure who is the lesser devil ?

China tainted their milk product with melamine to boost protein content, whereas AntiUSee tainted their tuna with roach protein to boost protein composition.

For f88k sake, at least AntiUSee should grind the roach to blend in with the tuna. What to do, the f88ked organization is managed by Sinkie Scholars !!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NTUC FairPrice doesn't manufacture their own house brand products. Even so, its staff and management should have apologized sincerely and profusely to the customer concerned and distressed by such an unacceptable lapse in food safety. And also, investigate the contract manufacturer concerned for possible termination of contract or even prosecution if necessary.

Adidas

Alfrescian
Loyal
his dog is very fortunate,eating tuna.
the most they will give you some NTUC Vouchers,you still have to use it and buy from them.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now you know, literally, why NTUC is full of crap. They are so complacent they take advantage of their own customers. They are equally as arrogant and conceited as their bosses in the government.

Worst still, the virus has spread to its own workers on the ground.

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
Normally the tuna inside the tin is tightly packed, if the cockroach packed together in the tin , it should be crushed and not in the condition as shown. I think it is a prank like the previous "Hala Pork"

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Normally the tuna inside the tin is tightly packed, if the cockroach packed together in the tin , it should be crushed and not in the condition as shown. I think it is a prank like the previous "Hala Pork"

NTUC is pap's kitchen, you think they'll allow monkeyshine. The stomper if silly enough will be looking at kangaroo instead of a dead cockroach.:p

Cheers.:biggrin: