• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CNY market is SUPER POOR Business worst of many years 14.9% growth like this

jumpmrt

Alfrescian
Loyal
The last year was already bad in the heartlands when CNY came, the consumers buying power were weak. This year is much worst. I see that merchant already learned smart and they only brought in little goods compared to past years.

It used to be that lots of temp spaces were rented to setup temp sales booths, now is a lot smaller and less booths. Mainly just supermarkets are doing.

The crowded areas in China town had shrank much in size. Only a small junction at Trenganu St / Temple St is as crowded as before. If you walk 20m away from that spot it is immediately different and quite poor business.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I fully agree the scene in China town is so ordinary like any other days. It has one more week to go before CNY and many places remain quiet. I hardly see pasar malam in the heartland too. I believe it has to do with high cost of livings and inflations that make Singaporeans think thrice on splurging. PAP is a dissappointment and great liar because all these economic data and robust growth figure did not reflect the true Singaporeans sentiment. It seems like a sad year for many people due to past few years of being tortured left, right and center by the ruling party. Also thanks to the influx of foreigners that contributed to this sorry state.

McDollar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I fully agree the scene in China town is so ordinary like any other days. It has one more week to go before CNY and many places remain quiet. I hardly see pasar malam in the heartland too. I believe it has to do with high cost of livings and inflations that make Singaporeans think thrice on splurging. PAP is a dissappointment and great liar because all these economic data and robust growth figure did not reflect the true Singaporeans sentiment. It seems like a sad year for many people due to past few years of being tortured left, right and center by the ruling party. Also thanks to the influx of foreigners that contributed to this sorry state.

In the shopping malls the business are damn slow also lah. Atmosphere for Xmas & CNY both are not so good. No money no spending lah.

I past by Eu Tong Sen and there is no traffic jam during this peak period and peak hours then some thing is very unusual and wrong already. In the past good years they had to have cops standing every junction to direct traffic jams at this time. Gone are these hot business atmosphere.

nkfnkfnkf

Alfrescian
Loyal
CCB govt liars for economic figures. They false justified their own salaries lah. KNN left us to die.

Taxi men and shop owners in last 2 weeks still told me that they expected Govt to give CNY Ang Pao because of good economic figures, and even expected parliamentary budget to throw Ang Pao before CNY.

Now only craps they got.

Sai also have none!

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the shopping malls the business are damn slow also lah. Atmosphere for Xmas & CNY both are not so good. No money no spending lah.

I past by Eu Tong Sen and there is no traffic jam during this peak period and peak hours then some thing is very unusual and wrong already. In the past good years they had to have cops standing every junction to direct traffic jams at this time. Gone are these hot business atmosphere.

Either this or LTA will work with their contractors to simulate road works all at the same time to infuriate motorists . Creating slow traffic .
Showing that Singapore is bustling with activity .

Or is it contractors angry that they did not get their prompt payment .

jumpmrt

Alfrescian
Loyal
This will not get very far.

New citizens quickly disbelieve in the PAP cranked growth figures. Foreigner visitors and tourists will also smell the stinking fish. PAP think that they can get away with this?:rolleyes::confused:

You can compare the situation in other countries where their economic figures are much poorer than PAP's figures, but their market and consumer scenes are so much better than us. See PRC Taiwan & HK. Even Malaysia.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
This will not get very far.

New citizens quickly disbelieve in the PAP cranked growth figures. Foreigner visitors and tourists will also smell the stinking fish. PAP think that they can get away with this?:rolleyes::confused:

Singaporeans are just being practical .
To safeguard our own interests .
The ever escalating home prices and inflation .
Salary did not rise according to inflation .
Then we should all have a reason not to spend
The next price increase will not be so merciful .

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
EAT

033.jpg