• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Clementi got landslide, Ulu Pandan Canal is blocked, will upstream flood if there's heavy rain?

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
rrcollapsedstructure0209.jpg

rrbtocollapse0209.jpg

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/part-of-clementi-park-connector-closed-after-landslide

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Build lah, build some more. :biggrin:

I have passed by that area many times, it's next to the canal's jogging/cycling path. On top of the hill is a large Buddhist temple, which is very near the Clementi Fire Station.

Thing will get interesting when those avaricious technocrats build their MRT line through the central reservoir area. :cool:

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Build lah, build some more. :biggrin:

I have passed by that area many times, it's next to the canal's jogging/cycling path. On top of the hill is a large Buddhist temple, which is very near the Clementi Fire Station.

Thing will get interesting when those avaricious technocrats build their MRT line through the central reservoir area. :cool:

yes, i ran there before. luckily nobody covered by the landslide.
hope the buildings nearby will still be structurally-safe,

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow this is too close to home liao. That path is always busy with cyclists and joggers at all times.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This canal leads directly to Pandan Reservoir. Looks like residents living near there has to ration their water liao.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes, i ran there before. luckily nobody covered by the landslide.
hope the buildings nearby will still be structurally-safe,
Now new HDB flats are built by tiong developers. Tiongs and structurally-safe don't go hand in hand.
From the looks of it, the tall new flats there might just collapse due to the soft soil below.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now new HDB flats are built by tiong developers. Tiongs and structurally-safe don't go hand in hand.
From the looks of it, the tall new flats there might just collapse due to the soft soil below.

Before the Tiong-made HDB flats collapse I predict those Tiong brand lifts (e.g. IFE) will become kaput and cause casualties.

Too cheap to install proper Fujitec ones, so the developer or town council can pocket more money. :rolleyes:

https://ifeliftbd.com
https://www.ifelift.com

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
LHL and his foolishness. Every open plot of land he wants to clear and build something.
The very antithesis of what LKY did, which is to keep as much greenery and save the land for future generations.