• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Civil Service Needs Its Best Talents To Help Singapore Overcome Economic Crisis

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find it ludicrous that online retards should begrudge top perfomers in CDCs their bonuses for their immense contributions to our society. Unless you want your estate to degenerate into slums like Hougang and Potong Pasir, we need to pay the top performers in CDCs well.

I agree with Minister Lim that it is only fair that we pay our top performers well. If they were to leave the civil service, it is Singapore who will suffer as a whole.

You jobless morons will do well to remind yourselves that CDCs has created tens of thousands of jobs for the unemployed. Singaporeans should be thankful that we have these talented individuals to help us overcome this economic crisis.

Northwest CDC's remuneration system is fair, says Lim Boon HengBy Timothy Ouyang, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 16 March 2009 1749 hrs

SINGAPORE: People's Association deputy chairman, Lim Boon Heng, said the Northwest Community Development Council's current reward system is fair and is in line with the civil service's remuneration system.

Responding to questions on Monday about the eight-month bonuses that two Northwest CDC employees received, Mr Lim said this represents the "select few who have performed well".

But he added that there is no guarantee they would get the same bonus next year.

Speaking at the sidelines of NTUC's third FairPrice Xtra hypermart opening at Jurong Point, Mr Lim explained that such bonuses could be earned by more senior officers as they typically have a lower fixed wage component and higher variable bonuses.

"In good times and in bad, there are good performers. And I think that particularly in bad times, we need people who give of their best and show example to the rest about what they can do to help the organisation. So, I think we should not begrudge the few people who get very high bonuses," he said.

Separately, NTUC FairPrice Foundation announced at the event that it is donating S$100,000 to the Loving Heart Multi-Service Centre's Pupil Breakfast Programme.

More than 500 needy students from 17 schools are expected to benefit from this free breakfast scheme.

- CNA/so