• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Citigroup/Citibank in trouble?.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looking at how the shares of Citigroup has been tumbling for the last 1 or 2 weeks, except for the few slight upside, the slide seems to be continuing. Yesterday drop of almost 20% spells trouble?.

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
All the global banking giants tumbling.

Our local 3 banks still can tahan. Not bad leh. Keep up the good work !!

Uncle2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday fall 24%.... from high last year of almost US$200 to only $5 now.... my fren still called me last month and said $20 very cheap must accumulate... SIAO!! :biggrin:

Uncle2

Alfrescian
Loyal
You think our Small 3 banks are infallible? Think again lor.... they are but small fry in the pond....

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yesterday fall 24%.... from high last year of almost US$200 to only $5 now.... my fren still called me last month and said $20 very cheap must accumulate... SIAO!! :biggrin:

At the rate the share prices is dropping, with 300,000 employees. Probably before end of the year or even early 09, there will be another big round of pink slips, courtesy of the Ah Neh's CEO.

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every instituition affeceted but it is the degree that they differ. All our banks are still paying dividends to shareholders right ??

sherrry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everything has a domino effect. The front end of the domino has just started to tumble, the chain reaction will eventually reach us, in a matter of time.
<object width="212" height="172"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cQJPYgl5aoY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cQJPYgl5aoY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="212" height="172"></embed></object>

Uncle2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Received an report from an analyst saying that the price of DBS could drop to $5. Many ppl would have laughed at him a few months ago when DBS was traded at $25. But now.... just another $4 more to go only.... :biggrin:

The RealTuaKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can someone ask our Ho Jinx how much she has lost on the Citi stake which they invested US$6.88b in December 2007?

I think they must be looking damn stupid now if they had converted the perpetual convertible bonds at 20% above market price then. Should be around US$33-35 range.

Assuming they converted at US$34, they should have 202.4m shares. U guys go work it out.

Let's see are they going to use the same reasoning; citibank stake is only a SMALL portion of the overall portfolio of billions billions. U guys are all using hindsight to criticise. U guys should be thankful that GIC is making so much money n creating budget surpluses that will improve your peasant scum lifestyle.

I think the most honorable way for those at GIC is to commit seppuku. Fucking morons.

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looking at how the shares of Citigroup has been tumbling for the last 1 or 2 weeks, except for the few slight upside, the slide seems to be continuing. Yesterday drop of almost 20% spells trouble?.

Two weeks ago I put a target of 3.50 for Citi and it's coming real soon.

Expect Merrill to drop to 4.50 and below.