• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Church deny responsibilities and push the blame to the victim.

JinGanKor

Alfrescian
Loyal
41万余元索赔案引发争议 大树枝干断裂压伤行人
是天灾还是人为疏忽?

中国籍陪读妈妈走在圣安德烈座堂外的人行道上,被断裂的大树枝干压个正着,导致下半身瘫痪。

由于树是在教堂范围里,受伤妇女汪书香(43岁)今年1月入禀高庭,向圣公会新加坡教区(The Synod of the Diocese of Singapore)索讨至少41万余元赔偿。

不过,圣公会新加坡教区指这是天灾(an act of God),认为负责打理教堂植物的一个园景承包公司疏忽,才导致这起意外的发生。它也认为是妇女疏忽,没及时闪避,造成这起意外

这起意外发生于去年8月25日下午1时30分,地点是政府大厦地铁站外的桥北路。

据了解,起诉人来自中国河北,事发前三四个月来新加坡。除了照顾念小学的女儿,她还帮忙照顾侄子。

事发时天气晴朗,起诉人与一名女性朋友在一起,结果两人都被树压着,但她的朋友只受轻伤。

起诉人事发后即刻送入中央医院,动了几次手术,于去年10月16日出院,在医院待了53天。据知,她曾回国,如今人在新加坡。

本案还没开审。本报昨天向高庭查阅文件显示,妇女的索赔包括:约8万4500元医药费、5000元交通费、未来收入损失约21万6000元、未来疗养费5万元,未来医药费5万元、以及未来看病的交通费1万元。

http://www.zaobao.com/sp/sp090506_503_1.shtml

"圣公会新加坡教区指这是天灾(an act of God)" -
They claim that it is Act of God, then shouldn't they be responsible for their God's Act?

"负责打理教堂植物的一个园景承包公司疏忽." -
If the company in charge did not do their job well, it is the church's part to go after the company, not the victim.

"也认为是妇女疏忽,没及时闪避,造成这起意外。" -
This is the most hilarious part, the fault lies with the woman who did not manage to evade from the falling branch in time. I don't even believe they can push responsibilities till this extend...they have learned well from the pappies.:cool:

and why did they use the chinese character "它" for 'The Synod of the Diocese of Singapore'? This character is suppose to be use for animals...the media trying to tell us something?:rolleyes:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
中国籍陪读妈妈:cool:

then i support church..

who the fuck ask these PRCs to come in the 1st place:cool:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is nothing new what..

if u park your car under a tree and the branch broke and damaged your car, you think Npark will pay? Npark will tell u this is 'Act of God' also

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Strange that an institution supporting GOD shrinks responsibility to GOD.

There will definitely be contradiction for something thousand of years ago and modern days, especially when modern science is only few hundred years but those who write the so-called "TRUTH" is much earlier.

It simply amaze me how these people insist their believe, denying science, yet at the same time using modern science technology which benefits them.

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
"也认为是妇女疏忽,没及时闪避,造成这起意外。" -
This is the most hilarious part, the fault lies with the woman who did not manage to evade from the falling branch in time. I don't even believe they can push responsibilities till this extend...they have learned well from the pappies.:cool:

This is a ridiculous way of pushing responsibilities, but i guess they learn from the "successful leaders".

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This shows that Peesai is so infested with FTrash that even a falling branch can hit one of them easily!