• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

China, India : Signs of the times !

GoFlyKiteNow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Times are tough..and tough times need tough business strategy !

== == 9 Jun 2009, 0247 hrs

Chinese Cos passing off fake drugs as 'Made in India'

NEW DELHI: Are fake drugs manufactured in China being pushed into various African countries with the `Made in India' tag? The Indian government
has long suspected this to be the case, but it now has definite evidence for the first time.

Last week, the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) of Nigeria issued a press release stating that a large consignment of fake anti-malarial generic pharmaceuticals labelled `Made in India' were, in fact, found to have been produced in China.

New Delhi has registered ``strong protest'' with the Chinese mission and China's foreign trade ministry, according to sources in the commerce ministry.

India's High Commissioner in the Nigerian capital of Abuja, Mahesh Sachdev, had earlier written to then commerce secretary GSK Pillai, alerting him to the large seizure.

Commerce ministry sources said: ``We have had many complaints about such fake drugs from China being offloaded as Indian drugs in countries like Ghana, South Africa, Ivory Coast and West Africa, in general, where India has a substantial market share. But so far there has been no formal complaint. This is the first time that such a large international consignment has been seized and this will be taken up strongly with the Chinese side.''

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure there are Chinese fake drugs that says Made in India. But I am also very sure that there are 100% Genuine Indian made fake drugs. It comes with the neighborhood.

GoFlyKiteNow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure there are Chinese fake drugs that says Made in India. But I am also very sure that there are 100% Genuine Indian made fake drugs. It comes with the neighborhood.

The interesting question is: Why on earth should they do this.?..I can understand "made in Japan" label.