• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

china FT no need serve NS but think sg is not worth staying for !

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
this could only mean that those who serve NS kenna con big time !!

=====================
You can leave S'pore secretly after graduating'

DON'T want to serve your six-year bond after graduating? Then don't.

That was the advice in a post written by a netizen on China's popular Baidu.com forum.

The original forum thread was posted by a netizen who claimed to be a student who had just been offered an undergraduate scholarship in Singapore.

He had posted the thread hoping to get some advice on how to manage his monthly allowance, which was part of his scholarship award.

Instead, he got advice on how to buck the system.

A netizen wrote in response: 'After you graduate, you're supposed to work in Singapore for six years, meaning you can't work in another country.

'But actually you can leave on the sly. That's what a friend of mine did. He didn't like Singapore, so he left after graduating.

'And it's not like anybody will come catch you either.'

On a different thread, also on Baidu.com, another netizen related an incident where a friend had done the same thing.

'He quietly came back to China, because he knew he wouldn't be caught. But I reckon he's probably been blacklisted, so he probably won't be able to go to Singapore ever again,' the netizen wrote.

But another netizen cautioned: 'If you decide to leave and inform the authorities, they will make you pay them back. My classmate did.'