• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

China citizens always blame others instead of themselves

GUDANGARAM

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore PR fined $1,000 for not wearing seat belt properly during holiday in Australia​

screengrabbing.jpg

GUDANGARAM

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fine came as a shock after a family holiday spent driving from Brisbane to the Gold Coast between June 13 and 19, said Ms Lu, who works at a non-profit organisation.

She expressed surprise on several counts over the incident.

GUDANGARAM

Alfrescian
Loyal
“Second is the rule itself,” she added. “I’ve never known that even though I’ve put a seatbelt on, that I could still be fined because I didn’t put it at the right place.”

Ms Lu also said she was shocked because she did not know that a camera could accurately detect that she had put the seat belt on but had not done so correctly.

“And how it found me amongst thousands of cars,” she said.

GUDANGARAM

Alfrescian
Loyal
The transport and motoring section on the Queensland government’s website specifies that seat belts must be worn with the belt running over the shoulder, across the chest, and the belt must be buckled low on the hip. “Wearing a seat belt any other way will result in a fine,” it adds.

But Ms Lu feels no indignation at the fine and said she approved of the Australian law “for passenger safety”.

The deadline for payment was extended from Aug 1 to Aug 26 after Ms Lu contested it.