• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

China Banning Overuse Of Beauty Filters In Dramas To Promote "Healthy and Masculine Aesthetics”

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
www.todayonline.com

China Banning Overuse Of Beauty Filters In Dramas To Promote "Healthy and Masculine Aesthetics”​

In short, you can forget about seeing your fave stars looking too flawless.
China Banning Overuse Of Beauty Filters In Dramas To Promote Healthy and Masculine Aesthetics”
Guess there's really such a thing as looking too picture perfect.

Last week, the Chinese government announced that they are banning the overuse of beauty filters in dramas in order to promote “healthy and masculine aesthetics”.
ea49a537-7081-4114-a30e-3e975159b5e2.jpg
Zhang Ruoyun looks like he’s turning into The Hulk with all that green filter
According to Chinese media, a number of Chinese dramas have been called out for making their stars look “unrealistic”, no thanks to the overuse of filters.

For instance, wuxia drama Sword Snow Stride was criticised for using a green filter which made actor Zhang Ruoyun appear “blurry”.

Netizens also found it weird that Ruoyun's hair look green.
b29765f6-a878-4bee-8d00-1b20ad143c19.jpg
You literally can’t see any pores

2021 Chinese drama Fall In Love was also slammed for going overboard with beauty filters, resulting in its cast looking too unnaturally “flawless and poreless”.
28e86885-0042-4155-9235-058218ddad6a.jpg
Um, where did Zhong Li Li's eyebags go?

In Once We Get Married, actress Zhong Li Li's eyebags photoshopped away, which made her look "abnormal".

The actress even took to her Weibo to jest about how funny she looked in the show.

“So this is how I look without my eyebags... Help,” she quipped. She also posted a collage of the edited scene with an original pic of her.

65c23ae1-3892-4cae-8aff-f7bdc4ec4f86.jpg
Can you find Yang Yang’s thumbnail?

In Yang Yang and Dilireba’s 2021 hit rom-com You Are My Glory, netizens also noticed that the actor’s thumbnail was no longer visible due to the use of a beauty filter.

Well, at least Dilireba still has her eyebags.

Photos: sinchew

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
The china actors and actress has too much make up on their faces. It does not look good on them.

For once I trust the CCP for doing the correct thing.

Last edited: