• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chicago train accident injures 33

HereIsTheNews

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

CTA: 33 people taken to hospitals after CTA trains collide

Nearly 50 people were taken to hospitals after a Blue Line CTA train ran head-on into another train that was stopped at a station in Forest Park.

By Ellen Jean Hirst and Carlos Sadovi
9:57 a.m. CDT, September 30, 2013

AoepbWs.jpg

CTA officials are investigating how an out of service train ran head-on into a train stopped at a Blue Line station in Forest Park this morning, sending dozens of people to hospitals.

The agency said 33 people were taken to 9 hospitals, but there were no serious injuries. CTA spokeswoman Tammy Chase disputed a count by Forest Park Mayor Anthony Calderone, who said 48 people were taken to 10 hospitals.

The accident happened around 8 a.m. when an outbound train stopped at the Harlem station was hit by an out-of-service train going the opposite direction on the same track, according to CTA spokeswoman Lambrini Lukidis.

Officials are investigating why the out-of-service train was on the track, she said.

She did not know how many people were on the other train when it was hit. There were no passengers on the out-of-service train, and Lukidis did not know how many workers were on it.

Taylor Pettiford was waiting at Harlem Avenue for the train that would take her to school when she heard screaming.

"Stop! Stop! Stop the train!" she heard people yelling. "Slow down!"

Then there was a big crash and more screams. Pettiford saw a woman knocked down complaining that her shoulder hurt.

"I instantly started crying and I called my mom to come pick me up," Pettiford, 17, said.

Pettiford said she was rushed off the platform by CTA personnel.

Blue Line service has been suspended between Forest Park and Kedzie Avenue, the CTA said on its website, but the transit agency said on its Twitter feed recently that it is about to restore service to Forest Park. Shuttle buses are being provided.