• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chiam to Loh Chee Kong: Stop publication

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://yoursdp.org/index.php/news/singapore/2002-chiam-to-loh-chee-kong-stop-publication

Mr Chiam See Tong has asked the Today newspaper to stop publication on his interview. Mr Chiam told Today's senior reporter, Mr Loh Chee Kong, that his remarks about the SDP were "off the cuff". Mr Chiam had told Mr Loh -- twice -- not to publish anything he said about Dr Chee Soon Juan and the Singapore Democrats.

Yet, the reporter emailed Dr Chee and quoted Mr Chiam's remarks, wanting a response from the SDP secretary-general. Dr Chee replied to Mr Loh and refused to respond, saying that the intended report is a PAP ploy to put SDP in a bad light. (See here)

Dr Chee subsequently wrote to Mr Chiam asking the Potong Pasir MP to address the situation with Today. Dr Chee wrote in his letter which was faxed to the Potong Pasir Town Council, "We bear no ill-will towards you and we wish only the best for you, your family and the Singapore Peoples' Party. We seek cooperation, not confrontation, with our fellow opposition parties."

But Dr Chee pointed out the SDP rejected Mr Chiam's characterisation of the party, saying that the comment was "inaccurate and uncalled for."

But he also called on the SPP leader to put aside the differences: "We accept that there were differences, perhaps even irreconcilable ones. But we see no merit in dredging them up again."

This latest incident is the clearest demonstration yet of the media's agenda against the Singapore Democrats. Taking the cue from the PAP, the newspapers target the SDP and either black out news about us or report them in the most negative manner possible.

Today's tactics in using comments made in confidence to bait the other party is as low-down as it gets. Now that the ploy has been exposed, what will the newspaper do?

Is there no line below which the media won't go? Then again, we are talking about the Peoples' Action Party. :oIo:

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Rain

If this is not shooting his six guns off and an abject example of absymal failure in media management I do not know what is.

Firstly the entire episode did not have to be publicized Chee style, on the internet and turning everything into an attack on the PAP and the media. The article went to print Saturday, Chee's rebuttal came out even before the piece saw the light of day.

1. If the reporter was a professional he would have respected Chiam's request for his off the cuff , remarks as claimed by Chiam not to be published. If he was not professional and did use the quotes then he would have been rightly criticized for firstly publishing off the cuff remarks when requested not to and secondly painting it as a PAP controlled hatchet job.

2. However the reporter did not publish........but then Chee published the full remarks before the article came out. Go figure how you can accuse the media of anything in this context, media hari kirri

3. Lastly if Chiam's remarks did not carry weight, then why bother replying like a scared rabbit caught in the headlights ? I mean this is the man who after all invited people to a forum he organized whose speakers accused CST of "failing the people of Potong Pasir who voted in an opposition but did not get it. " Why be so afraid of the remarks of someone who has failed or is he the failure when compared to Chiam for all of Chiam's failings.

Locke

Last edited:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pappy might call election anytime from now, that is why they have instructed all the dogs to search for slightlest black stains on the other pots while covering their own with white clothing.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Loh Chee Kong

Can we have his photo pasted on the Internet. In all Facebooks and Stomp and other local Websites so that people know what he looks like!

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://wayangparty.com/?p=5704

A blatant LIE by TODAY to split the opposition and smear Dr Chee

February 28, 2009 by admin
Filed under Daily Musings

Leave a comment

By Eugene Yeo

In a previous article, I wrote about how the Singapore’s media had the uncanny ability to sugarcoat the truth to make bad news sound good. Now let me showcase another classic example of the unique “Asian spectacles” of Mediacorp to distort reality and perpetuate an outright blatant lie in order to serve the partisan interests of the PAP.

TODAY published an article by Loh Chee Kong entitled “A politician who hates politics” in which the gist of it is to provoke disgust and repungance against the “betrayal” of his mentor Mr Chiam by Dr Chee:

“Fresh from leading the Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) to three parliamentary seats in the 1991 General Election, Mr Chiam soon found himself ousted from the very party he had founded in 1980.

The long-drawn saga — set in motion after Mr Chiam brought his one-time protege Dr Chee Soon Juan into the party — had obviously scarred him. Said his wife Lina: “He would have nightmares and wake up suddenly … he doesn’t talk about it but it’s hurting him inside.” (Read full article here)

An unsuspecting reader who do not know the full facts behind this episode will have the misperception that Mr Chiam has been traumatized by his “ouster” from SDP which was “engineered” by Dr Chee. Nothing can be further from the truth. Chiam was never “ousted” by Dr Chee. He resigned on his own accord.

For over 15 years, the PAP and the state media have been propagating the myth of Mr Chiam See Tong’s “ouster” from SDP by Dr Chee Soon Juan to drive a wedge between the two and to smear the character of Dr Chee.

They are well aware of the fact that Mr Chiam is an established opposition icon who has won the respect and love of many Singaporeans even from those not living in Potong Pasir. By spinning a tale on how the popular Chiam is forced out of SDP by his protege Dr Chee, it would deal a mortal blow to the image and standing of the latter.

For those of you who are aware of the truth, what exactly transpired between Mr Chiam and Dr Chee in 1993 was elucidated clearly on the SDP website here.

In summary, Chiam was not “ousted” by Dr Chee. He first resigned as SDP’s Secretary-General after failing to obtain the CEC’s support to censure Dr Chee for his hungry strike. In fact, Dr Chee had tried in vain to persuade Mr Chiam to stay on. Mr Chiam subsequently resigned from SDP and form the Singapore’s People Party in 1997.

It is not for us to judge who is in the right or wrong. The pertinent question to ask is: why is TODAY dredging out the saga now again after so many years ? After all, it has already achieved its insidious motive of misleading the majority of Singaporeans about Dr Chee’s moral character.

What does this irrelevant article serve really when we have more pressing concerns such as the investment losses incurred by our SWFs ? Mas Selamat Kasteri is still missing after a year and there is no mention of it.

It is likely that the PAP internet brigade has detected an increase in support for SDP and Dr Chee amongst young IT-savvy Singaporeans who may not know about the saga in 1993 and therefore TODAY find it timely to drag the “dirt” out again to smear Dr Chee.

Loh Chee Kong of TODAY even has the temerity to write to Dr Chee asking for his response to Mr Chiam See Tong’s criticisms about the SDP. He said that he had interviewed Mr Chiam on Wednesday in which Mr Chiam said that the Singapore Democrats had engaged in “conspiratorial and destructive politics.” (Read Dr Chee’s reply to him here)

It is so obvious that Loh is trying to sow discord between the two men and to stir a hornet’s nest. A journalist is supposed to be neutral, balanced and objective in his reporting. What is Loh trying to do ? Why didn’t he include SDP’s explanation of the saga to allow readers to judge for themselves ?

Mr Chiam See Tong had asked the Today newspaper to stop publication on his interview. Mr Chiam told Today’s senior reporter, Mr Loh Chee Kong, that his remarks about the SDP were “off the cuff”. Mr Chiam had told Mr Loh — twice — not to publish anything he said about Dr Chee Soon Juan and the Singapore Democrats.

Yet, the reporter emailed Dr Chee and quoted Mr Chiam’s remarks, wanting a response from the SDP secretary-general. Dr Chee replied to Mr Loh and refused to respond, saying that the intended report is a PAP ploy to put SDP in a bad light. As expected, Loh went ahead and publish the interview anyway though he did not quote directly from Mr Chiam, his intention was clear.

I would suggest Mr Loh spend his time more productively on other important issues such as finding out the extent of losses incurred by Temasek and GIC NOW instead of regurgitating a stale grandmother story that few Singaporeans are interested about. Or if he is really so keen to write up on the “dark” side of politics, perhaps he should interview the old associates of Lim Chin Siong to find out how he was fixed by his own trusted comrade in 1963.

Also read Mr Ng E Jay’s commentary on this matter here.

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. If the reporter was a professional he would have respected Chiam's request for his off the cuff , remarks as claimed by Chiam not to be published. If he was not professional and did use the quotes then he would have been rightly criticized for firstly publishing off the cuff remarks when requested not to and secondly painting it as a PAP controlled hatchet job.

This is what Loh Chee Keong publicized:
http://www.todayonline.com/articles/304724.asp

A politician who hates politics
FOR someone who describes himself as a “simple and straightforward” man, Mr Chiam See Tong revealed that politics has “changed me a lot ... for the worse”.

Said Mr Chiam: “Now, I can’t treat anyone I meet as a friend ... I step back and ask myself: ‘What are you up to?’”

But isn’t that the price of joining politics?

“I didn’t know before... now I’m learning,” he said.

Anyone who follows Mr Chiam’s political career would understand his disdain for the darker side of politics.

Fresh from leading the Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) to three parliamentary seats in the 1991 General Election, Mr Chiam soon found himself ousted from the very party he had founded in 1980.

The long-drawn saga — set in motion after Mr Chiam brought his one-time protege Dr Chee Soon Juan into the party — had obviously scarred him. Said his wife Lina: “He would have nightmares and wake up suddenly ... he doesn’t talk about it but it’s hurting him inside.” LOH CHEE KONG

FOR someone who describes himself as a “simple and straightforward” man, Mr Chiam See Tong revealed that politics has “changed me a lot ... for the worse”.

Said Mr Chiam: “Now, I can’t treat anyone I meet as a friend ... I step back and ask myself: ‘What are you up to?’”

Anyone who follows Mr Chiam’s political career would understand his disdain for the darker side of politics.

Fresh from leading the Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) to three parliamentary seats in the 1991 General Election, Mr Chiam soon found himself ousted from the very party he had founded in 1980.

The long-drawn saga — set in motion after Mr Chiam brought his one-time protege Dr Chee Soon Juan into the party — had obviously scarred him. Said his wife Lina: “He would have nightmares and wake up suddenly ... he doesn’t talk about it but it’s hurting him inside.” LOH CHEE KONG

Obviously this this reporter did not care about Chiam request even Chiam requested for them to take it off. This is not the first time that it had happened. For the past track record of MSM, isn't it expected?

Firstly the entire episode did not have to be publicized Chee style, on the internet and turning everything into an attack on the PAP and the media. The article went to print Saturday, Chee's rebuttal came out even before the piece saw the light of day.

2. However the reporter did not publish........but then Chee published the full remarks before the article came out. Go figure how you can accuse the media of anything in this context, media hari kirri

3. Lastly if Chiam's remarks did not carry weight, then why bother replying like a scared rabbit caught in the headlights ?

Chee's rebuttal is puny as compared to what the MSM had been hounding him for the past 15 years. I dun see it as any problem since the issue had erupted on Wed. By Fri, the article is already in publication/print.

The is a Chinese idiom "先下手为强、后下手遭殃", Dr Chee should be merely reacting first hand before the mass gets its dose of media readings rather than responding on hindsight. Whoever first publish the article gets the attention.

I mean this is the man who after all invited people to a forum he organized whose speakers accused CST of "failing the people of Potong Pasir who voted in an opposition but did not get it. " Why be so afraid of the remarks of someone who has failed or is he the failure when compared to Chiam for all of Chiam's failings.
Locke

I can get alternate party leaders together in a forum, but I can't control what they have to say. SDP will shoot itself in its foot if they organize a forum for opposition "unity" but instruct the speakers to bash other opposition parties not present in the forum?

At this point of time - with the difference in ideals in dealing with PAP, the opposition parties should have communicated more with each other, rather than bashing each other in the public and in the net.

Read YSL's article.
http://yawshinleong.blogspot.com/2009/02/cards-are-revealed.html

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
This, motherfucker- Mr Loh Chee Kong is trying to stir shit among the oppositions.

LEE FUCKER YEW is getting sleepless night knowing his life episode is into fnal chapter and thats, fucker LKY instruct his dogs to stir shit between opposition party.

Loh Chee Kong, may I curse you whole fucking born-bastard family die in road accident.

When time Singapore in curfew, he, LOH CHEE KONG will not be spare.:mad:

depeche

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems like Chee kong didn't do a good job in the reporting...I guess he might lost his iron rice bowl...

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
fix-LEEgime.jpg

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
leeporters reading this:

you must all leeport good side of chee. cannot be like that lah...leeporting only the bad backside of chee.

those who hasn't leeported backside of chee, better re-write it into the good side...or else!

you ve been warned. the followers are not ur friendly neighbour sddpies, hor:p

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Rain

If this is not shooting his six guns off and an abject example of absymal failure in media management I do not know what is.

3. Lastly if Chiam's remarks did not carry weight, then why bother replying like a scared rabbit caught in the headlights ? I mean this is the man who after all invited people to a forum he organized whose speakers accused CST of "failing the people of Potong Pasir who voted in an opposition but did not get it. " Why be so afraid of the remarks of someone who has failed or is he the failure when compared to Chiam for all of Chiam's failings.

Locke

sdppies are a deviated anal-retentive lot. everything they do is consider RIGHT. other than praises, anything else or critical is unacceptable to them. tyrants and them make no different by the way.:wink:

that rainnix is always full of praises for SDPpies. what else u expect from such a siao cha bor?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems like Chee kong didn't do a good job in the reporting...I guess he might lost his iron rice bowl...

chee kong kong chee liao. isn't he brave enough? poor chee kong sure will be kong back by chee and his followers!!

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Rainnix

Do read what Chiam according to the SDP said asked the reporter to be taken out. You will find that the issues or comments most offensive to the SDP was not in the article and that the comments only found the light of day because of the SDP's premature ejaculation.

Chiam cannot give an interview and then assert that all comments were of the cuff or that all comments were not reportable. Its insane inane and illogical. The reporter did not in my view report on the comments which the SDP found offensive and which according to the SDP, Chiam told the reporter was off the cuff.

Locke

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
(1) Mr Chiam should have known better than to speak with a reporter and expect that his words will not be reported. A reporter has his job to do just as a counsellor has his honour to keep.

(2) In any case, what harm will it do? The quarrel between CST and CSJ is public knowledge. What is new is that the quarrel is as new today as it was decade ago.

(3) But both CST and CSJ can turn it into a blessings for both of them. Fight it out in private and come forth in public holding hands, kisses on both cheeks and say together they fight for the public.

No? Cannot be done?

Then what harm has that reporter did in reporting the truth? :confused:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
(1) Mr Chiam should have known better than to speak with a reporter and expect that his words will not be reported. A reporter has his job to do just as a counsellor has his honour to keep.

(2) In any case, what harm will it do? The quarrel between CST and CSJ is public knowledge. What is new is that the quarrel is as new today as it was decade ago.

(3) But both CST and CSJ can turn it into a blessings for both of them. Fight it out in private and come forth in public holding hands, kisses on both cheeks and say together they fight for the public.

No? Cannot be done?

Then what harm has that reporter did in reporting the truth? :confused:

chee's afraid his hidden closet skeleton is brought to light which might be disintegrated into dust just like his own credibility.

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chiam cannot give an interview and then assert that all comments were of the cuff or that all comments were not reportable. Its insane inane and illogical. The reporter did not in my view report on the comments which the SDP found offensive and which according to the SDP, Chiam told the reporter was off the cuff.

MSM is a double-edge sword, it is hard to use it without doing damage to oneself. I do support WP stance not to give reporters any interviews so that the media can misuse WP's own interviews to spin bad about themselves.

leetahbar - You dun come and stir shit, you have no credibility here. :oIo:

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Name: Chiam See Tong (Male - 12 Mar 1935)
D.O.B: Lunar (1935, 2nd month, 8 day) at unknown hour

Pillar
Heavenly
Stem
(HS)
Earthly
Branch
(EB)
Hour

Day

Month

Year

Life

Conception

Kua Type

Ba Zi Chart Information
Note: Geomancy.Net uses the more accurate Lunar Calendar Ba Zi system (Click here to see why). So if you see a difference in the Month pillars as opposed to a Lunar mixed Xia / Chinese Solar / Season calendar, it means that you are in a gray period / blind date where Xia date is different from Lunar date. We still use Seasonal Analysis using the Seasonal Calendar when needed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Birth Element

Since you are a strong yin Fire Pig, you don't want to be too overly strong otherwise, you will not be able to control yourself.

Thus, you should increase yourself with your favourable elements as follows.

Favourable Elements Most Favourable Element

Colour: yellow
Favourable Element

Colour: blue/black/gray

Unfavourable Elements Most Unfavourable Element

Colour: green/brown
Most Unfavourable Element

Colour: red

This is a very important concept for you to improve your luck.

Five element can be applied in many ways, but most important is the Colours of any objects etc. In this free report, only some information will be made know so that you can understand how to use it. This free report will only show you an example using the Best favourable element.

Your personal objects / dressing
ie shades of colours:-
Earth - yellow
Water - blue/black/gray

Your career
ie a Job favourable for you are:-
Earth - Customer Relations, Constructions, Games, etc
Water - Advertising, Arts, Communications, etc

Your Chinese name
ie a good name would help to increase your weak element
The period ・ie luck changes each day, month, year etc. So different period you will find your luck changes from up and down. Thus you should take advantage of those good luck period for doing any important thing in your life.

Overall Big Luck Summary
This shows you only a very brief look at whether luck is with you in a 10-year period. Usually, whether or not luck is with you or not, does not really give you a true forecast of how you luck is defined each year. For that forecast, you need to see the 5-yearly, yearly, 6-monthly luck changes, particularly how each the 6-monthly's luck changes. This isn't a true forecast. All it shows if you are a person born with silver spoon (ie very fortunate or not). For full detailed luck analysis, will only be shown in the full detailed analysis.

1936 - 1945 (Age 1 - 10) Luck against you
1946 - 1955 (Age 11 - 20) Luck with you
1956 - 1965 (Age 21 - 30) Luck with you
1966 - 1975 (Age 31 - 40) Luck with you
1976 - 1985 (Age 41 - 50) Wealth Luck with you
1986 - 1995 (Age 51 - 60) Wealth Luck with you
1996 - 2005 (Age 61 - 70) Wealth Luck with you
2006 - 2015 (Age 71 - 80) Luck against you
2016 - 2025 (Age 81 - 90) Luck against you
2026 - 2035 (Age 91 - 100) Luck against you
2036 - 2045 (Age 101 - 110) Luck against you
2046 - 2055 (Age 111 - 120) Luck against you

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
chee's afraid his hidden closet skeleton is brought to light which might be disintegrated into dust just like his own credibility.

Ah Hwee ah, Ah Hwee..............

What about your reputation hah?

Do you know what is Bweh Kieng Siow hah??????

Look at the mirror lah!

I had said it before, There is a Dr.Chee Sonn Juan and there is a Pondan Sim Kheng Hwee. Who is more respected in Singapore hah?

Aiyah! Dont talk about respected lah! How about known?

Your name in which international publication Hah?

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last edited: