• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chelsea Season 2009-10

S

Sun Wukong

Chelsea's first double

May 16, 2010

Chelsea's first double

phpTAEYcj.jpg

Chelsea captain John Terry (3rd L) and team-mate Frank Lampard lift the FA Cup as they celebrate beating Portsmouth 1-0 during the FA Cup Final. - AFP

LONDON - CHELSEA overcame a resilient Portsmouth side, who made a mockery of their pre-match billing as lambs to the slaughter, to win a dramatic FA Cup final 1-0 and clinch their first League and Cup Double on Saturday.
Didier Drogba maintained his remarkable knack of scoring at Wembley Stadium with the winner from a 59th minute free-kick after Chelsea had hit the woodwork five times in the first half while Frank Lampard missed a late penalty.

In an astonishing match of twists and turns, Portsmouth's Kevin-Prince Boateng, who had scored from the spot in the semi-final at Wembley, saw his 56th minute penalty saved. The triumph gave Chelsea a second straight FA Cup final victory, after they beat Everton last season, and was a third success in four seasons for the west London side. It was Chelsea's sixth FA Cup triumph and fifth in 13 years as they became the seventh English club to win the double and the first team since Arsenal in 2003 to retain the trophy.

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti, who has won the Double in his first season in England, told reporters afterwards: 'It's a fantastic victory for me, I am very happy. We won't do anything special to celebrate, I will follow my players and my friends. Wine, sure, champagne. It is right to have a celebration, the team had a fantastic season.' -- REUTERS

Screwball

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congratulation to all Blues and Chelsea fans here.
Hope you can win the FA Cup,this weekend and welcome aboard the DOUBLE club.
8-0,what an auspicious way to end the season and win the title.

Saw the newsflash just broadcast on Chelsea TV.
Abramovic is offering 38 million + Joe Cole for Torres. :mad: