• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cheap? Eat

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,4136,199129,00.html?

When choosing a restaurant, S'poreans say:
CHEAP? EAT
April 17, 2009

NP_IMAGES_ERFOOD-92Z.jpg

TNP GRAPHICS: CHNG CHOON HIONG SOURCE: THE NIELSEN COMPANY
The emphasis, though, is more on cheap - got offer, must go.

CHEAP and good - that's how Singaporeans like their food when eating out.

In an online survey by research group The Nielsen Company came out top among 10 countries surveyed for choosing a restaurant based on its special offers or promotions.

At 14 per cent, Singapore was ahead of Canada (10 per cent), Taiwan (9 per cent) and Chile (8 per cent).

Hong Kong, Pakistan, New Zealand and the US were next at 7 per cent each.

It is not known how many people took part in the survey.

Said Ms Joan Koh, executive director for consumer research at The Nielsen Company: 'Singaporeans are both food lovers and bargain hunters - judging by the plethora of dining deals offered by credit card companies.

'These deals are popular with many restaurant goers, who often choose their dinner venue based on the availability of an offer.'

The survey shows that more than half of the Singaporeans polled prefer Chinese cuisine, with about 51 per cent picking it as their first or second choice. Japanese food came a close second with 49 per cent.

Manager Madam Chaery Veronica Law, 50, and her family tend to sample other types of cuisine when they eat out, since they cook Chinese food at home.

She added: 'We still keep it (Chinese cuisine) as an option, though.'

Other findings: One in two Singaporeans chooses to dine out on Saturday.

Dining out more frequently

Singaporeans seem to dine out more frequently than the rest of the world, with two in five eating at restaurants at least once a week.

Student Shirin Yuen, 20, said eating out is no longer a luxury but a lifestyle.

'Even though we are in recession, Singaporeans find that eating out is somewhat affordable.

'They can choose from a wide variety that the hawker centres, food courts and even restaurants have to offer.'

Property agent Mohd Yusri Jumairi, 31, admitted that dining out is almost an everyday affair for him.

'I have a hectic schedule, sometimes even on weekends. Eating out is the easiest way for me to get my meals,' he added.

While seven in 10 Singaporeans usually go to a restaurant with their family and friends, only 24 per cent of them would go with their partners.

Artist Ezzam Rahman, 28, definitely does not belong to the majority group.

He said: 'I usually dine out with my partner. And even if I were to go to slightly pricier restaurants, I'd still go with my partner and not my family.'

Ervina Mohd Jamil, newsroom intern

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
CHEAP and good - that's how Singaporeans like their food when eating out.

of cos lah.. who like expensive and no good.. siow huh:confused:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<embed src='http://www.youtube.com/v/17Wt2iH5kxc&rel=1' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='transparent' width='310' height='259'></embed>
<embed src='http://widget.lyricsmode.com/i/scroll2.swf?lid=353182&speed=4' width='318' height='181' type='application/x-shockwave-flash'/></embed>