• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Charged $17 for $5 ride by cabby

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 27 Sep, 2008 10:43
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Charged $17 for $5 ride by cabby

A trip from Henderson Road to Stirling Road would have cost $5, says a STOMPer, but instead, she was charged $17 for her ride.

Sim had checked with her friend after she went to a wake in the Henderson area.

In her email to STOMP, she says;
"This happen today (26/9/08) around 6:30pm. My mother and I were going to a friend's wake at Stirling Road.

"I was not too sure where Stirling Road was so I asked the taxi driver and he told me there was a traffic jam at Henderson Road. And he drove to Telok Blangah Heights straight to Pasir Panjang and drove around Clementi, then to my destination.

"I was thinking he wanted to cheat our money.

"He kept quiet and never said anything. When we reached I paid him $17.00 for the trip.

"I find that nowadays taxi drivers are very dishonest as they pretend they know how to get to a place when they don't.

"I asked my friend how much a trip from my home in Telok Blangah Way to Stirling Road would cost by cab and was told it would cost $5.

"The cab I took was white in colour, and the driver was an old man."

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Swiss Standard

Alfrescian
Loyal
She staying in Telok Blangah and don't know where is Stirling road. Maybe also don't know where is Red Hill or Thiong Bahru ....The taxi should drive her all the way to Tuas south instead of just Clementi.