• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Charged $1300 for sofa that costs $899 in another showroom

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 22 Sep, 2008 10:47
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Charged $1300 for sofa that costs $899 in another showroom

A frustrated STOMPer Eileen is confused by the high price she was charged for a sofa set and annoyed by the lack of initiative from the retail managers to answer her queries.

The STOMPer, who had bought a discounted sofa set for $1300, was confused when she saw the same sofa being put up for sale at a much lower price of $899 in another showroom.

She had many questions for the furniture store that sold her the sofa after receiving more negative feeback about the store from other sources.

However, she is upset as she can't seem to be able to get any of her questions answered.

Eileen says in an e-mail dated September 19:

"I've browsed through the website searching for more info/feedback regarding Furniture HQ and saw pages from STOMP regarding them.

"Read through and thought if STOMP could help me out in this.

"I've bought a sofa (as of above attachment) from them at $1300. I was given discount (usual price $1599) and told that the GST, transport and everything misc. will be waived.

"Another week later, my husband and I went to one of the showroom A (located at Sungei Kadut) to source for some other unsettled furniture and found that the same model of the sofa is only selling at $899(neg).

"I was given confirmation that there is no difference in terms of the quality for the sofa (we felt, sat and agreed).

"We went to another showroom B (which is just located beside showroom A), while browsing, we told the salesperson about this as well. He told me that Furniture HQ is selling furniture at a very high end price. He himself received complaints from customers regarding Furniture HQ.

"After all this negative feedback about them, I've actually asked my husband to call them up (HQ) asking about the 'big' price difference. They are not able to reply/answer my husband and requested him to go back to Furniture HQ on Monday to find the manager.

"I was wondering.... shouldn’t the manager locate us instead of us looking for the manager personally (even go all the way to the showroom) looking for him? Isn't the manager working for half of the day today? Tomorrow? Or even Sunday? shouldn’t they be open for sales for all of the whole week?"

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 23 Sep, 2008 16:18
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Our products are of the highest quality, says Furniture HQ

Furniture HQ says that the products they sell are of the highest quality and there are cheaper replicas of their products sold elsewhere.

Earlier, STOMPer Eileen who purchased a sofa set from Furniture HQ for $1300, complained that she saw the same sofa put up for sale at a much lower price in another store.

In an e-mail response to STOMP(23 Sept), Furniture HQ says:

“What we produce and sell are of the highest quality. Our customers are always satisfied with our services.

“In every industry, there is a market that determines the price of the products. As the old saying goes, 'a cent of cost, a cent of quality'.

“We explain to customers the difference in our products before they make their purchase. For example, a D24 durian and a $1 durian looks the same, but why does it cost so different?

“Lastly, there have been replicas in the furniture market. Our customers are assured that our furniture are built with quality.

“Thank you and Selamat Hari Raya.”

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Our products are of the highest quality, says Furniture HQ

Furniture HQ says that the products they sell are of the highest quality and there are cheaper replicas of their products sold elsewhere. ...

For example, a D24 durian and a $1 durian looks the same, but why does it cost so different? ...
sumting nt unlike ... there r gahmens n gahmens ... ours r world class, 1st world, no 1 gahmen ... there r cheaper wannabe's elsewhere ...

there4, we r paid millions ... :biggrin: