• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Celebs impersonated on Facebook

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lee Kuan Yew counted as a celebrity.

Disgusting...

http://www.asiaone.com/Digital/News/Story/A1Story20090806-159596.html

Thu, Aug 06, 2009
AsiaOne

20090807.124238_facebook_celebs.jpg

Celebs impersonated on Facebook

By The AsiaOne Techbot

Looking for Joanne Peh online? The actress has a Facebook account, but do a search on the social networking website and you will find at least five other profiles of individuals claiming to be her.

Singaporean celebs and politicians are now finding virtual doubles of themselves online. According to a Shin Min Daily News report, a search on Facebook showed six Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yews, six Fann Wongs and two Zoe Tays among other celebs.

These imposters aren't only creating accounts of celebrities on social networking sites, but are even claiming that their accounts are authentic, even when they were confronted by the impostors themselves.

Shin Min reported that Joanne Peh posted a message on her Facebook account on Wednesday, describing one such encounter with a Facebook imposter.

When the actress sent a message to one such account questioning its authenticity, she got the following reply, "I am the real Joanne Peh. Are you my fan?"

When Shin Min spoke to the actress, she said that she was aware of the many other 'Joanne Peh' accounts that bear her name and photograph and believes that there is more than one online imposter.

"Actually, I find this issue very amusing. I don't really mind, nor would I request that the user remove the fake 'Joanne Peh' account. It's just a small matter, and I won't take it to heart."

A Shin Min reporter made a Facebook search and found:

- 2 Zoe Tays

- 2 Tay Ping Huis

- 3 Dasmond Kohs

- 6 Fann Wongs

- 6 Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yews

These numbers reflect accounts that also include a profile picture of the said celebrity of politician. The number of fake accounts is higher should Facebook profiles without a picture be counted as well.