• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Celebrity items put up for auction

jw5

Loyal
na_66955b52ee61f.jpg

Celebrity items are often put up for auction in order to raise money for NGOs and foundations, and sometimes they're simply sold to the highest bidder because they're seen as valuable cultural artifacts.

Princess Diana's historic, beloved red sweater adorned with a flock of white sheep and a single black sheep has gone on view alongside Buckingham Palace letters at Sotheby's on July 17, 2023, in London, and will soon head to Sotheby’s Inaugural Fashion Icons Sale in New York this September with an estimate of fetching US$50,000-80,000 (£40,000-70,000).

The 19-year-old Lady Diana Spencer first wore the sweater to a polo match in 1981 shortly after her engagement to then-Prince Charles, boosting designers Sally Muir and Joanna Osborne, who made the sweater for their small knitwear label Warm & Wonderful. A few weeks later they reportedly received an official letter from Buckingham Palace explaining that Diana had damaged the sweater and asking whether it could be repaired or replaced. A new sweater was made and Diana wore it with white jeans and a black ribbon tie at an event in 1983. Many speculated Diana was so tied to the "black sheep" pattern due to how she felt like an outsider in the royal family.

jw5

Loyal
na_64b66d1904dcb.jpg

Princess Diana -

Sotheby's auction house hosted its Royal and Noble Sale on January 17, 2023, offering up fascinating memorabilia from royal history. One of the most coveted items to be auctioned was the Attallah Cross, a large amethyst cross on a long pearl necklace which was worn by the late Princess Diana. It was owned by her friend Naim Attallah who loaned it to her many times. He passed away in 2021 and his family put the exceptional piece of jewelry up for auction.

It was predicted to sell for between US$100,00 and US$150,000, but after a five-minute bidding war between four buyers, it was sold to none other than Kim Kardashian for US$202,490.

jw5

Loyal
na_63849f4121744.jpg

Hugh Jackman -

Nicole Kidman took a turn as the highest bidder for her friend and former co-star Hugh Jackman's hat from his Broadway revival of 'The Music Man.' Following the show, there was an auction for the charity Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS, and Kidman made her presence known when she bid a cool US$100,000 for the signed hat. Jackman shared a video of the moment at the Winter Garden Theater on Twitter in which Kidman takes the mic following a standing ovation and says, “I love you. I love Broadway. And I love what they do, Broadway Cares, but I also want to say this show is extraordinary." Jackman then took the mic and said, “I’ve known Nic for almost 30 years. I’ve worked with her. I can tell you this is not a surprise to me. She is one of the most generous souls I know." The foundation shared on Instagram that Kidman's donation in honor of her fellow Aussie will equate to "20,000 meals and 2,000 doctor visits this holiday season for those living with HIV/AIDS, struggling with COVID-19 or facing other life-threatening challenges."