• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CDAC subsidises training costs for jobseekers

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1000256/1/.html

CDAC subsidises training costs for jobseekers
By Gladys Ow, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 22 August 2009 2319 hrs

phpiU8TFR.jpg

Photos 1 of 1

SINGAPORE: Many of those who have gone for skills upgrading, with the help of the Chinese Development Assistance Council (CDAC), have found jobs.

The CDAC held a Skills Training Fair at Ang Mo Kio on Saturday. Representatives from various Continuing Education and Training (CET) centres were there to provide information on their courses.

About 850 employed and retrenched workers have enrolled in CDAC's skills training programmes in the past four months. Those who found jobs were employed mainly by the security and healthcare sectors.

CDAC subsidises part of the training costs which are not covered under the Skills Programme for Upgrading and Resilience (SPUR).

- CNA/so

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always find it v funny. How come they TRAIN ppl BEFORE they have jobs? Training doesn't guarantee a job does it? Why not give them on the job training?

Come on....we are not talking about training as a doctor where on the job training may not be so applicable right.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always find it v funny. How come they TRAIN ppl BEFORE they have jobs? Training doesn't guarantee a job does it? Why not give them on the job training?

This is telling the world how stupid you are and that you desperately need a job.

Also provided kickbacks for cronies conpanies at the expense of citizen's money since government is paying for it.

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
These days gabermen people are clueless and got no logic.

Train before got job and then retreched and unemployed again.

Vicious training and relearning process and cycle for many Sinkies since 1985.

"If there is no retrenchment, then I worry." - Woody

:oIo: Upped your points Leo!:biggrin:

Come on....we are not talking about training as a doctor where on the job training may not be so applicable right.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those "Trainings" are just to occupy their time, if not many jobless will be out there blaming the gahment.

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Schools also train people before they have the jobs they are trained for.

But when mismatched there will be more professors driving cab on SG roads.