• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Caught in red tape at FairPrice for grocery rebate

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Caught in red tape at FairPrice for grocery rebate
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I AM writing in to complain about a policy requiring the presence of a senior citizen in order to claim rebates from his ez-link card at NTUC FairPrice outlets.
This is the second time that I have encountered this problem. I gave my feedback last month, using the feedback card system, but have not received a reply.
In the latest incident, my mother and I were at the Khatib branch of FairPrice to do our grocery shopping. When making payment, my mother handed over my father's ez-link card for rebates.
My father, who suffered a stroke last November, is unable to walk without support. He is confined to a wheelchair, so it was not practical for him to go along with us to buy groceries.
However, the cashier told us that it is the store's policy that the owner of the card must be present in order for rebates to be given.
We tried to explain our situation, but she was very firm. In the end, the store manager had to be called. He ruled in our favour.
I hope FairPrice will empower its staff to be more flexible when deciding on such matters. Chan Hee Teck

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
damn clown this fella

got his way still complain

didnt the supervisor clear it

typical uncultured singaporean

import more PRCs to improve our stock, dilute all this lousy disgraceful behaviour

Eurekas

Alfrescian
Loyal
damn clown this fella

got his way still complain

didnt the supervisor clear it

typical uncultured singaporean

import more PRCs to improve our stock, dilute all this lousy disgraceful behaviour

I have seen many rude and unruly PRC people around... I find Filipinos provide pretty good customer service though.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
so can anyhow anyhow borrow ez-link card from neighbours/uncles/friends to enjoy rebate a?

can claim everybody your lao peh a?

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
and the cashiers very often key in the extra quantities of item you actually buy. beware. don't buy too many items a time, and calculate yourself before you proceed to the cashier's counter.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiya next time the writer just take his father, mother, ah gong, ah ma's senior citizen Ezy-link card to take public transport too lor. Say Ah Ma wanna buy things, but she not able to walk. So he help her.

Like this can or not?!

Ugly Sinkie!!! Cheapskate like some ah tiong!!! Yucks!!! Makes me ashamed to be a Sinkie peasant.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Aiya next time the writer just take his father, mother, ah gong, ah ma's senior citizen Ezy-link card to take public transport too lor. Say Ah Ma wanna buy things, but she not able to walk. So he help her.

Like this can or not?!

Ugly Sinkie!!! Cheapskate like some ah tiong!!! Yucks!!! Makes me ashamed to be a Sinkie peasant.

Sinkieness is the subset of chinkyness. No wonder they behave quite similar.