• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Carpark blaze destroys 52 bikes. Poodles Sleeping?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Carpark blaze destroys 52 bikes
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><TR>Cars parked on same deck escape early morning fire; its cause is being investigated </TR><!-- Author --><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colSpan=2>By Diana Othman
</TD></TR><!-- show image if available --><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
ST_IMAGES_DIFIRE08.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

The second-floor deck of the multi-storey carpark in Gangsa Road in Bukit Panjang after the early morning blaze. Several owners were seen salvaging whatever they could. The rest of the carpark and coffee shop on the ground floor were not affected. -- ST PHOTO: AZIZ HUSSIN
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->AN EARLY-MORNING blaze engulfed 52 motorcycles yesterday at a multi-storey carpark in Gangsa Road in Bukit Panjang.
The fire wrecked almost all the motorcycles parked on a second-floor deck which was situated above a 24-hour coffee shop. Cars parked in a separate section on the same floor escaped the blaze.
Charred motorcycle parts greeted The Straits Times at the scene in Block 163A yesterday. Most of the motorcycles on the deck were more or less destroyed, many with their seats melted off and only their frames remaining.
It is not known yet how the fire started. The rest of the multi-storey carpark and the coffee shop on the ground floor were largely unaffected.
The carpark served the surrounding blocks 163 to 168 and several owners were still salvaging whatever they could from the debris.
Two of them, undergraduate Kim Lee, 24, and her boyfriend, Mr David Tan, 25, were huddled gloomily over what used to be their Suzuki GSX-R 1,000cc motorbike as they waited for the tow truck to arrive.
Ms Lee was up late studying for her university examinations when she heard loud popping noises coming from the carpark opposite her block at about 2am.
'At first, I thought there was an army exercise going on, but I looked out of my window and saw a huge fire coming out from the deck where the motorbikes were,' she recalled.
Ms Lee called the fire brigade and quickly woke her boyfriend up.
The $18,000 motorcycle was Mr Tan's main mode of transport.
They rushed to the carpark and, with about 10 other residents, tried to put out the fire with on-site hoses. But it proved too strong for their efforts.
'It was all ablaze like an enormous barbecue. There was just too much smoke and too much fire, though we really tried our best to save our vehicles,' said Ms Lee.
The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) was called in at about 2.30am.
It had the fire under control 15 minutes after it arrived at the scene. The SCDF is still investigating the cause of the blaze to determine if it was arson.
Mr Aziz Daud, 45, a driver who lives nearby, received a call from his son at about 2am that morning to say that his motorbike had been completely destroyed.
Said Mr Aziz solemnly: 'He was crying as he told me. I don't know how he is going to get to work now.'
Mr Aziz, who lives in a nearby block, prefers to park in an open-air carpark farther away as he felt multi-storey carparks were 'unsafe'.
The last reported carpark blaze was in July when 11 motorcycles and three cars were destroyed in a Woodlands carpark. [email protected]

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal

There be green eyes, cruel and wicked people who lost their jobs.

And they will create fear and vandalism to property !

I keep telling people to safe guard their property !

If you cannot keep your things behind close doors then you do not have the capability to own the stuff!

Sell your stuff, hold cash release the flood gates of destiny !

Let Singaporeans die slowly of inflation and let them swim in the sea of their own stupidity
!

Last edited:

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
must be one that lost all his hard-earned money or cannot take those noises from the motorcycles anymore.
maybe it is an group of youngsters.

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
such a big fire, can't possibly not notice the heat & smoke. nobody called the SCDF to respond to the blaze? the neighbourhood must be very happy that the bikes are all burnt, then no more noise from their blasting trottles.

the QX can waste tax payers $, going round estate & have fun with their carpark rallies on ground level only, they didn't go to multi-storey carpark to patrol.

the fire starter must've gotten the lyrics wrong listening to
<object width="255" height="206"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0AOVf9p9ht4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0AOVf9p9ht4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="255" height="206"></embed></object>

set ablaze on memory bliss

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Well, sinkies love to link WKS's ball so i guess that is how sinkies deserves it.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Carpark blaze destroys 52 bikes

</TR><!-- headline one : end --><TR>Cars parked on same deck escape early morning fire; its cause is being investigated </TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The last reported carpark blaze was in July when 11 motorcycles and three cars were destroyed in a Woodlands carpark.

52 less bikes to squeeze in front of your car at the junctions.

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, sinkies love to link WKS's ball so i guess that is how sinkies deserves it.
halo, is not sg ppl like to link WKS balls la. is bcos he is also part of famiLee, tht y until today his rice bowl no have crack or chip on it.

any other MP who make 1 or 2 mistake, he already kena hanta-kaki or kena chop liao. this fella can't sing, had so many cock-up in his department, but still no yellow card for him. either is bcos his part of famiLee, or doing super good job carrying & licking balls lor.

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a resident of Bt "biker gang territory" Panjang, I'm happy to hear it, but too bad for those law-abiding bike riders who need them for a livelihood.

Biker gangs with their loud, enhanced engines are a nightly annoyance, and the police are doing nothing about them. Probably someone has taken the law into his own hands. There's no way to tell exactly which bikes are the offending ones and which are normal, so this guy just burned them all.

This is what happens to a society where the law has lapsed! The people will take violent, indiscriminate action against the wrongs! I have always considered taking a big stick and a ski mask, and whacking the gangs who inhibit my void deck. But i wonder: why ishould i take the trouble for the cowardly residents, who are all doing nothing?

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good analysis, bro angry_one. Especially the fact that multi storey car parks are located right next to the residential blocks. Imagine the noise bouncing off the walls from the revving bikes to the sleeping residents.