• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can I drive this car in SG?

ODACHEK

Alfrescian
Loyal
1787102.jpg

Or too low ses?

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
If PAP were clever, they'd offer these types of low power and capacity to the elderly, with having to pay only half the COE. Then in one swoop, settle the PMA/PMD disease that is plaguing our sidewalks.
I don't have to elaborate the pros and cons, do I?

superpower

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dunno why PAP gov never import....must be COE not enough to earn big bucks.
The problem is COE is too expensive here - CAT A is now $91k. This results in low to almost non-existent demand for very low cost cars, making it unprofitable for dealers to bring in these models. (That's why Chery died a natural death the moment COE went past the $50k mark.)

For example:
You import a cheap small EV, say with an OMV of $15k. ARF is 100% = $15k. Import duty is 20% = $3k.
Total cost before COE and road tax is $33k. Let's say the dealer marks it up to $40k sale price to cover overheads and make a profit.

How many Sinkies will pay $91k COE for a $40k car? The COE would have weeded out a lot of low income folk; the upper middle income who can afford to pay $90k-$100k for COE will want and can afford a bigger, more prestigious EV - BYD, Tesla, Hyundai

Last edited:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
This used to be the biggest selling car in china. Co owned by GM.
China used to be GM's biggest market.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
american cars was a big thang in chyna. i once sat in a lincoln limo b4 in shanghai :biggrin:
And Chevy too. That was way back in 2014 when China was be having like a free market. You can feel it's dynamism. I think under Xi all that energy have evaporated and state corporations are nurtured instead.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
If PAP were clever, they'd offer these types of low power and capacity to the elderly, with having to pay only half the COE. Then in one swoop, settle the PMA/PMD disease that is plaguing our sidewalks.
I don't have to elaborate the pros and cons, do I?
Offer to the elderly? lol why waste time?

Do we want more elderly people driving on the roads? Or do we want young drivers who drive the whole families out?

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

Do we want more elderly people driving on the roads? Or do we want young drivers who drive the whole families out?
Best is buy the car, and park at carpark for 10yrs:smile:

This is Act of Patriotism, Right Boss John?

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal

PAP needs the elderly votes. Also the elderly has very little mileage and they utilise it mostly during off-peak. Imagine the extra income LTA HDB URA collects from these low mileage elderlies.

Of course some restrictions need to be in place in return for these benefits.

MaximiLian

Alfrescian
Loyal
And Chevy too. That was way back in 2014 when China was be having like a free market. You can feel it's dynamism. I think under Xi all that energy have evaporated and state corporations are nurtured instead.

bang, wat i c iz mostly gm n ford. now chyna evs iz juz low ses copycats of tesla :biggrin: