• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can Have 22 Golf Courses, But Force Bangalas into Housing Estate. ABSURD!

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
[URL="http://app.reach.gov.sg/Data/adm05%5Cc5%5Cp2943%5Cdraft%20paper_21%20Nov.doc"]http://app.reach.gov.sg/Data/adm05%5Cc5%5Cp2943%5Cdraft%20paper_21%20Nov.doc[/URL]

Singapore has 22 golf courses on leases and 3 temporary golf course sites, ... possible conducive high density living in the harsh tropical environment. ...

There would be NO housing problems for foreign workers if NS were abolished and the empty SAF barracks left over in MINDEF camps could be used as foreign worker dormitories.

A WIN-WIN situation for everyone;
1. Youths can go straight to University after Pre U/JC without NS liabilities. The 2 yr head start by foreigners & S'pore females over S'porean males would be gone forever
2. HDB and private estate residents won't have foreign workers hanging around near them 24/7.
3. Wasteful defence expenditure can be reallocated to health, education & more social services.
4. More land currently used as SAF training areas can be released to build more HDB estates or recreational areas like Parks/camping, hiking & adventure reserves etc.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

And you're a confirmed leftist.

Rightist, centrist, leftist , communists , .... why do you need a label? Whats more relevant is if the claim is correct.

Gov't always claiming Spore lacks space but I notice they still continue building malls, importing foreigners,.... :rolleyes:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rightist, centrist, leftist , communists , .... why do you need a label? Whats more relevant is if the claim is correct.

Gov't always claiming Spore lacks space but I notice they still continue building malls, importing foreigners,.... :rolleyes:

Leftists ony sound good in theory but are destructive in practice.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
People do not want to live next to refugees, which part of it they do not understand?
Hey fuckers at MOM, why don't you house them at your homes. Since you and pappies and URA are the fuckers that brought them in. Why are you fuckers turning the table around and blaming sinkees for not accepting them. Why are we made the bad guys when you are exploiting 3rd world workers for your own greed.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leftists ony sound good in theory but are destructive in practice.

Whats in a label? Its used by people to demonise others lah. In Spore the PAP would brand people communist as an excuse to lock them up. Remember those christians LKY branded as "marxists" ?

I still remember when Sporeans were prohibited from visiting communist countries. Why is it now OK now to visit these communist countries?

Some people labek LKY a communist. You have state controlled media, companies, trade unions,...

So LKY is a destructive communist ? :eek:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
..and you would have gladly asked your neighbour's landlord to rent out his unit nextdoor to house 20 workers from China, India, Thailand, Indonesia and Bangladesh in his 4 room HDB flat?

You are such a generous and understanding Sporean!

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
and we called ourselves a "gracious" society.

aren't we from a gracious society? :rolleyes:

..and you would have gladly asked your neighbour's landlord to rent out his unit nextdoor to house 20 workers from China, India, Thailand, Indonesia and Bangladesh in his 4 room HDB flat?

You are such a generous and understanding Sporean!

sinkies onli talk dollars n cents wan.. :rolleyes:

monster.cookie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dunno why there is such a big furore over thie matter. Honestly, i think there are a few disused army camps around housing nothing but lalang now. Jalan Kayu, Changi, old GSB. And there are also plenty of empty plots of land in the extreme west area like Tuas/Sungei Kadut area.

Find places away from main residential areas and place them there. I agree that they do contribute to the building of our country and they should be given the right human respect. But we really do not want to have social problems arising from doing that. Building a nice dorm away from residential areas will serve that purpose.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Might be a good idea. House them in tents in the OB areas. Throw the ball out whenever it lands on them.

This way, bad golfers like me will lose less balls :biggrin:

silverspoon

Alfrescian
Loyal
this show that bangala is the same as pple living in HDB......we deserved each other...only rich pple are excluded from these

miosux

Alfrescian
Loyal
and who will defend singapore from the pigs up north and south?? the spirits of your ancestors?? don't talk through your arse lah.

There would be NO housing problems for foreign workers if NS were abolished and the empty SAF barracks left over in MINDEF camps could be used as foreign worker dormitories.

A WIN-WIN situation for everyone;
1. Youths can go straight to University after Pre U/JC without NS liabilities. The 2 yr head start by foreigners & S'pore females over S'porean males would be gone forever
2. HDB and private estate residents won't have foreign workers hanging around near them 24/7.
3. Wasteful defence expenditure can be reallocated to health, education & more social services.
4. More land currently used as SAF training areas can be released to build more HDB estates or recreational areas like Parks/camping, hiking & adventure reserves etc.

Hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must wait for demise of MM Lee,as his son is not known for playing play golf.

Spore has the highest gold course ratio in the world,and you know the real reason.It is supposed to serve the PEOPLE.HeHeHe,66.67% do believe sincerely.

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are PLENTY of empty spaces in sinkapore, and i don't know why we have to house foreign workers near our most idyllic estates. Look at the industrial estates, old army camps, abandoned schools or areas near the wilderness.

The other things that riles me is how the residents' views as so disregarded. Residents say "we don't want them here". And govt says "You are racist. Try to understand them. You are wrong!"

You cant deny reality. The reality is that housing them near us will cause house prices to fall, lower the quality of life and lower security in the area. No magic word from the PAP can ever change this.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
T

The other things that riles me is how the residents' views as so disregarded. Residents say "we don't want them here". And govt says "You are racist. Try to understand them. You are wrong!"

Time after time Sporeans have voted PAP. PAP now takes the citizens for granted :mad: