• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CAB Company gives $11,000 'BONUS'!

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taxi drivers air grievances over Prime Car Rental & Taxi Services

SINGAPORE : Fifteen cabbies who had entered into a taxi hiring agreement with Prime Car Rental and Taxi Services said they have been fooled.
ADVERTISEMENT

The drivers said they were issued publicity flyers promising a bonus of S$11,000 if they signed on.

This bonus would be paid after a five—year contract period.

However, upon signing the agreement, they were required to pay a security deposit of S$5,000 and a daily recurring deposit of S$6.

This means they would have to pay out the same amount as they would get in terms of the S$11,000 bonus.

However, the taxi company said the cabbies knew what was in the contract all along.

"In our clients’ opinion, they were promised a bonus of S$11,000 if they stayed a few years with the company. If a bonus is termed as a bonus, then it clearly cannot be a refund of monies that have been given over to them," said lawyer Samuel Seow.

"We signed this contract with this company, because we feel that this S$11,000 bonus is a very big attraction. For us taxi drivers, S$11,000 is not a small amount. To me, it is really a bonus. That is why we went on to sign with them," said Adrian Chew, a taxi driver.

YAO SIU!​
:oIo:​

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Deposits should be return at the end of the contract, bonus should be another thing.

So now the taxi company want to use the deposit as bonus?

lightning that time their directors better hide, if not will strike their a$$ anytime.

JinGanKor

Alfrescian
Loyal
That means i will also be getting my bonus soon.

The lease of 2 of my shops are expiring and i won't be renewing them.

So i will be getting 3 months security deposit, i mean bonus back for each of the unit.

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I am not wrong, the boss is a used car dealer in the hong leong garden area. he also deals in parallel imports.

sleepermod

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cheng Yong Motor Trading is the original company dealing in used cars. Run by Neo brothers and sister Erin. Established back in early 90's. Later got the export zone license for cars and then big money came which included COE speculation which was later curbed by LTA. :wink:

Prime Leasing is the taxi company which is under Neo.:rolleyes:

Hear from my long time workshop owner friend that they are very 'chow kuan' in terms of owing suppliers money. One example is the CNG installer who was owed about $400k but PL drag and drag until installer going to collapse then they say..... "if you accept $300k now, I will pay you immediately"

Not much of a choice for the poor installer. :mad:

Last I heard the said installer has gone bankrupt :(

PL probably the main cause since cashflow was non-existent.

Don't ask me why installer never bring PL to court, maybe chinese biz mentality... :confused: