• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Buy From PRC Restoran @ Your Own RISK!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 26 Jan, 2009 10:59
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>"My reunion dinner arrives late and cold, and delivery man still asks for hongbao!"

STOMPer AgainstOldHongKong was upset that Old Hong Kong Tea House had delivered her family's reunion dinner more than two hours late last night (Jan 25), resulting in an unhappy start to the New Year for them.

She told STOMP:

"I happily placed an order with the Old Hong Kong Tea House, prepared to dine a happy reunion dinner with my family.

"My parents had overheard their on-air advertisement on the radio about home delivery services for this CNY and requested to give it a try. Now, I would never trust this place ever again.

"The order was stated to arrive from 2 - 6pm today (25th Jan).

"To my horror, not only it was late, but even right after I called for an enquiry and explanation the first time round, the China attendant never got back to me.

"I had to call back 30 minutes later. And the same reference number was asked, and this time after my undisguised frustration and displeasure over the phone, the same attendant said my order would reach my doorstep at 7pm.

"I then asked where exactly the delivery people were now. Then, she uttered that her system was down. Wasn't this then, kind of a blatant lie to put me off the phone for the moment?

"And now, at 7.45pm, I cannot even get through on the phone for the past 45 minutes.

"This is yet another incident of a very irresponsible behaviour towards customers.

"After including GST (my order was about $200 bucks) and delivery charge ($10 bucks), this is what I deserve get in return?

"In fact, I would be lenient and understanding towards honesty, or at least a prompt action to hiccups that occur in orders - but the way the restaurant is 'ignoring' the case is definitely very distressing on this New Year's Eve.

"What I feel most dismayed about is how when restaurants / businessmen come up with promotions and tactics, they should know it's a social responsibility, a trust that their clients have put in them.

"Furthermore, it's such an important Chinese occassion - do not commit an order if you cannot deliver. If you can't deliver, at least be responsive and provide good follow-up to your customers.

"My family of 10 is waiting for their delivery, and it is past dinnertime now.

"My father was too hungry and has slight gastric; he has proceeded to eat some light dinner alone first.

"What kind of 'reunion' is this? Thanks to their 'MIA' (missing in action) behaviour, I had NO reunion dinner.

"Now my mum is cooking some stuff last minute.

"This totally puts a down on the mood for the New Year, and I find it hard to account to the relatives who have gathered at my house as well.

"I am very upset with this restaurant - Old Hong Kong Tea House Pte Ltd.

"And now? The phone line is still engaged. I have called about 50 times so far, out of 10 calls, one gets through BUT there is no one picking it up."

According to the STOMPer, the food arrived at 8.15pm.

She said:

"It was cold.

"This big red packet (refer to pic) took 6 hours to deliver, given that the arrival time was stated from 2pm to 6pm initially.

"Yes, the food was cold. My heart feels so too. The deliveryman still jokingly asked if there was an Hongbao for him. NO!"

getArticlePhoto.do

getArticlePhoto.do

getArticlePhoto.do

getArticlePhoto.do

getArticlePhoto.do

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>