• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious But fair to pap - list down the good positive things that was done

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find the digital Singpass implementation was impressive and able to link it to many different entities. Eg setting up digital banking uses it for authentication.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Being generous with the pioneer generation.
There are many available handouts to them eg silver support scheme, home care giving grants, disability assistance scheme, etc all can add up to over $1k per mth.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Home improvement programme.
Together with the EASE programme.
Heavily subsidised with good materials.
Nowhere else you can find at the cost.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although the healthcare system has been screwed up, I was impressed that when a patient gets admitted too frequently, the system auto detect it and flag out for social worker to be activated to touch base with the pri spoke person of the patient.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Importing domestic workers to sg to help out with the elderly.
Think about it, without this, what will happen to all the sickly elderly?
Hiring a trained care giver or a home nurse come at a cost many times of a domestic worker.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Having a very responsive 995 scdf medical team, always ready for emergencies at no cost for the transportation.

Houri

Stupidman
Loyal
my only praise for PAP is the libraries and pedestrian walkways.

the libraries are well designed and comfortable to read and pass time.

the pedestrain walkways are simply efficient as they all have a sloping surface at junctions for my bicycle trips and for those on wheelchairs.

that's all i thank the pap for. otherwise i think there are a bunch of overly paid politicians who have more of their own selfish and greedy agendas than caring for singaporeans

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
my only praise for PAP is the libraries and pedestrian walkways.

the libraries are well designed and comfortable to read and pass time.

the pedestrain walkways are simply efficient as they all have a sloping surface at junctions for my bicycle trips and for those on wheelchairs.

that's all i thank the pap for. otherwise i think there are a bunch of overly paid politicians who have more of their own selfish and greedy agendas than caring for singaporeans
Indeed. I was very impressed especially with the tamp sports hub library.

Houri

Stupidman
Loyal
just to add that the park connectors are really nice to walk or bike and they should really pump more money into these park connectors infrastructure throughout the island. i always enjoy cycling from my place via marina bay sands, marina barrage then into east coast park then all the way to changi airport terminal 4 or alternatively to changi village...easy and safe pcn route and i don't even need to be on the road at all...

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the list, majority of the good stuff are for the pioneers gen.
The hdb lease buy back scheme is another very attractive offer.
Recently one of my ex colleague a pg sold back 30yrs of his lease and got a huge sum 300k+ for a 4room flat built somewhere 2003. He even received another 20k+ of special bonus out of it.
He was happy like fuck. I would be too if I were him. Being able to stay there with no impact and receive a good payout.

jsctan

Alfrescian
Loyal
All good things come at the expense of taxpayers.
Need to be fair to taxpayers instead.
Can list now the good things taxpayers are paying?
Ex LKY memorial park and perpetual maintenance
Oxley preservation and perpetual maintenance
New National Library and demolish the old