• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Businesses so bad USA began giving up Airbus A-380s

SGP_tiaolao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Instead of Increasing A-380s it is Reduced.

http://m.todayonline.com/singapore/singapore-airlines-says-it-will-not-extend-lease-first-a380-jet

Singapore Airlines says it will not extend lease on first A380 jet

Photo: AFP
mail
View all 1 comments

PUBLISHED: 4:40 PM, SEPTEMBER 14, 2016UPDATED: 5:29 PM, SEPTEMBER 14, 2016
SINGAPORE — Singapore Airlines said on Wednesday (Sept 14)it will not extend the lease on its first Airbus A380 jet when it expires next year, a significant blow for Airbus, as it seeks to bolster new sales of the world's largest airliner.

"Our first five A380s are on a 10-year lease, with options to extend. The first one will expire in October next year, and we have decided not to extend it," a spokesman for the airline said.

ADVERTISING

inRead invented by Teads

"For the other four, decisions will be made later." REUTERS

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Instead of Increasing A-380s it is Reduced.

http://m.todayonline.com/singapore/singapore-airlines-says-it-will-not-extend-lease-first-a380-jet

Photo: AFP
mail
View all 1 comments

PUBLISHED: 4:40 PM, SEPTEMBER 14, 2016UPDATED: 5:29 PM, SEPTEMBER 14, 2016
SINGAPORE — Singapore Airlines said on Wednesday (Sept 14)it will not extend the lease on its first Airbus A380 jet when it expires next year, a significant blow for Airbus, as it seeks to bolster new sales of the world's largest airliner.

"Our first five A380s are on a 10-year lease, with options to extend. The first one will expire in October next year, and we have decided not to extend it," a spokesman for the airline said.

ADVERTISING

inRead invented by Teads

"For the other four, decisions will be made later." REUTERS

On the a380, have taken a few times on this plane, noticed that the quality of the cabin is in bad shape as compared to the boeings.

Always gave me the impression the interior of the plane is falling apart.
Not sure if it's due to poor maintenance or just that the quality sucks.....

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On the a380, have taken a few times on this plane, noticed that the quality of the cabin is in bad shape as compared to the boeings.

i'd rather that the plane flies and lands safely than having perfect cabin conditions.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

SIA probably had plans to return the planes & so like a chinese run business didn't spend $ on non-necessities. Something like Ms. Saw ignoring the servicing of the MRT trains & tracks.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
its actually Airbus own undoing.
the A350 that is coming online are proving to be more fuel efficient and makes more sense for airlines, which incidentally is reeling from the impact of budget airlines.

probably the only airlines that can afford A380s are the Middle East airlines. Another point - how many airports are equipped to handle A380? I think SIA has difficulty filling in the slots with A380s in terms of passenger loads and airport capability.

Not forgetting, they still have options for at least 5 birds. I am pretty sure they will leverage it for their future purchases.

SGP_tiaolao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tiao Lao lah! My google keyboard from phone Kay Kiang AUTO CORRECTED my text from SIA to USA! Just like PAP Kaypoh Kay Kiang! Made me fed up!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tiao Lao lah! My google keyboard from phone Kay Kiang AUTO CORRECTED my text from SIA to USA! Just like PAP Kaypoh Kay Kiang! Made me fed up!

it auto-corrected "love" to "lube" on my android phone. the text was to all elderly patients suffering from constipation. very embarassing, especially when you receive replies from old grannies with wink emojis.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
SIA generally sells its older planes or leases them out. At one time the average age of the fleet was 7 years primarily to reduce fuel inefficiency and higher cost of maintenance of older planes. I am sure Airbus was not surprised by the non-renewal after 10 years.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SIA generally sells its older planes or leases them out. At one time the average age of the fleet was 7 years primarily to reduce fuel inefficiency and higher cost of maintenance of older planes. I am sure Airbus was not surprised by the non-renewal after 10 years.

SIA once boasted to have the youngest fleet in the world, around 5 years. Looks like they have shifted the goal posts.