• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

British PM says would take pay cut to help jobless

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
While Spore PM increase his pay to the highest in the world to help the poor Sporean. Which method will work?

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/storyprintfriendly/0,4582,348775,00.html?

British PM says would take pay cut to help jobless

LONDON - British Prime Minister Gordon Brown said on Thursday he would be willing to take a pay cut to help unemployed people hit by the global slowdown, insisting: 'I'm not in this job for the money.'

Mr Brown made the pledge after being put on the spot by a young jobless man on the eve of a G20 finance ministers' meeting in London aimed at charting the next steps out of the crisis.

Twenty-one-year-old Fabian Facey asked if Mr Brown would accept a pay cut along with other politicians and business leaders if the money was used to help jobless people.

'I'd be prepared to take a pay cut,' Mr Brown - who earns 194,250 pounds (US$317,560) a year - told BBC radio.

'I am not worried about pay myself. If there was an agreement that we could all do it, I'd be very much wanting to be part of that. But I'm not in this job for the money.'

Mr Brown will join fellow Group of 20 (G20) leaders at a summit in the US city of Pittsburgh later this month to agree what to do next to foster recovery from the global downturn.

G20 finance ministers are due to meet in London on Friday and Saturday, aiming to pave the way for agreement at the Pittsburgh summit, notably on the vexed issue of bankers' pay and bonuses. -- AFP