• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bride cancels her wedding after guests refused to pay $1200 to attend

in3deep

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.unilad.com/community/li...ing-charging-guests-to-attend-380431-20240211

Like most things in 2024, getting married is not cheap, but one couple took things a step further by asking their guests to pay to attend their wedding.
And we're not just talking the price of a train or short plane ticket here, we're talking some CA$1,500 per person, around US$1,200.
But things didn't end well for the couple when only eight of their guests RSVP'd including their payment.

Given the rising cost of living, it's unsurprising that most of their guests didn't have $1,200 lying around to spend on going to someone else's wedding.
The bride was left livid by the backlash, and in the end the couple not only cancelled the wedding, but also broke up over the fiasco.
Look I don't want to say it, but the pair breaking up does seem to vindicate the people who didn't want to pay. Just saying.
Taking to social media, the bride, called Susan, wrote: "Dear friends, it comes with great sadness that I am announcing the cancellation of the wedding. I apologise for cancelling only four days beforehand.
The pair requested cold hard cash to attend the wedding. Credit: Phil Ashley / Getty

The pair requested cold hard cash to attend the wedding. Credit: Phil Ashley / Getty
"Unfortunately, [fiancé] and I have broken up due to some recent and irreparable problems. We have decided to end our relationship and not go forth with any future proceedings."
But despite the less than enthusiastic response, the bride was unapologetic about demanding cash from friends and relatives.
She said: "I specifically, I mean specifically asked for cash gifts. How could we have our wedding that we dreamed of without proper funding?
"We'd sacrificed so much and only asked each guest for around $1,500 [Canadian]."
She continued: "My maid of honor pledged $5,000 [Canadian] along with her planning services. We tearfully thanked and accepted. My ex's family offered to contribute $3,000.
Things didn't end well for the couple. Credit: Pixabay

Things didn't end well for the couple. Credit: Pixabay

"So our request for $1,500 for all other guests was not f***ing out of the ordinary. Like, we made it clear. If you couldn't contribute, you weren't invited to our exclusive wedding. It's a once and a lifetime party [sic]."
In other words, people who are close to the happy couple very generously gave them money, therefore everyone else has to as well.
But why the extravagant wedding? Because a psychic said so, of course.
The bride wrote: "Since our love was like a fairytale, we wanted an extravagant blow out wedding... A local psychic told us to go with the most expensive option, and we thought why the hell not?"
The couple had planned to drop a whopping CA$60,000 on their nuptials.
Still, look on the bright side - at least they didn't have to pay for a divorce.

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
OMG....the couple broke up because of this?
No profit how to go America for honeymoon leh ?

No money to go expensive honeymoon then 出此下策 ....

In 笑傲江湖, the Huashan Sect was divided between 剑宗 and 气宗。 This type use fake wedding to earn money is 贱宗 and 欺宗 combined.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
No profit how to go America for honeymoon leh ?

No money to go expensive honeymoon then 出此下策 ....

In 笑傲江湖, the Huashan Sect was divided between 剑宗 and 气宗。 This type use fake wedding to earn money is 贱宗 and 欺宗 combined.
You shameless nameless no face to show hide in rat hole Malaysian dog @nightsafari clone kena busted still wriggling like a snake. Every couple can want to make profit but I cannot woh because you said so. I make profit means is to scam to to go honeymoon. 狗眼看人低 you Hakka Cantonese dogs son of prostitute think other people must be chicken to buy condo and must scam to go honeymoon. Pui!

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Linpeh sure some narcissistic sinkie bitch will carry out this fucking idea here.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
You shameless nameless no face to show hide in rat hole Malaysian dog @nightsafari clone kena busted still wriggling like a snake. Every couple can want to make profit but I cannot woh because you said so. I make profit means is to scam to to go honeymoon. 狗眼看人低 you Hakka Cantonese dogs son of prostitute think other people must be chicken to buy condo and must scam to go honeymoon. Pui!
Consistent character isn’t it? Jealous loser @musclepower that is always creating issue out of no issue exactly the same as Malaysian dog @nightsafari clone indeed no wonder dare not swear big big he is not nightsafari

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey @rotiprata @musclepower you own kind my Malaysian Cantonese neighbors from hell that damaged my house to buy it cheap is scammer you don’t persecute but create issue out of no issue to say I cannot make profit is called scammer to persecute me no wonder @musclepower your only son is dead and I will see @rotiprata how you die. Pui!

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Woh ... trying to promote swearing as an alternative to medical evidence.

Why ? Because no evidence lor. Only talk big big, hymen big big like the canvas poncho outside Esplanade.