• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BREAKING NEWS: MCDYS PorLumpars Say "You Die Your Own Business"

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
IN THIS COUNTRY, EVERY PERCEIVED HELP OR AID GIVEN IS ONLY SKIN DEEP. IT IS TO FOOL FOREIGNERS TO THINK WE ARE LUMBER#1 IN EVERYTHING.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td rowspan="4" class="msgleft" width="1%">
</td><td class="wintiny" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">20923.1 </td></tr><tr><td height="8">
</td></tr> <tr><td class="msgtxt"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr> <td>Don't deny single mothers Baby Bonus and other benefits
</td></tr><tr><td><!-- headline one : end -->
</td></tr><tr><td><!-- show image if available -->
</td></tr></tbody></table>
<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--> <!-- more than 4 paragraphs --> I REFER to Dr Ng Liang Wei's letter, 'Set up pregnancy fund to curb abortions' (Aug22).
I am an unwed mother. At one point, when I was struggling to decide whether to keep my baby or abort it, I realised I was not entitled to Baby Bonus, four-month maternity leave, six days of childcare leave and other benefits. In the end, however, I decided to keep the baby and managed to borrow money from friends and relatives.
Last month, I delivered my baby boy and I am so delighted I made the right choice to keep him. But I know my problems will not end here. Indeed, I will need to work doubly hard to support myself and my baby.
I contacted the Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports for aid, but its reply was that help is given only to couples with a child, not single parents. Will such a stand not push single mothers- to-be towards abortion?
Surely, single parents need more help than couples. Unwed mothers have to be brave to face single parenthood and shoulder the financial burden alone. I hope the Baby Bonus, leave and other benefits can be based on the child, rather than whether the baby was born to a couple or not.
It would also be helpful if hospital charges for unwed mothers can be 100 per cent deductible under Medisave so they do not have to fork out cash.
Peck Chai Hong (Ms)

</td></tr></tbody></table>